X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Update on automatic shift boot**

I got my shift boots and console cover in from:

www.redlinegoods.com

I'm very impressed with the product, genuine leather.

If you're getting a shift boot for either automatic or manual I definitely recommend this product. In the pics I have applied 303 Aerospace protectant to them and it really shined them up (they arrived looking flawless but dry.) I will include pics of everything installed in the car later.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...gAnch=imgAnch1

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...gAnch=imgAnch2

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...gAnch=imgAnch3

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...gAnch=imgAnch4
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: **Update on automatic shift boot**

Sweet! Was it a pain to install? I'm thinking about getting one of those.

Comment

I haven't installed it yet, but the install looks easy. I just need to get some high-strength epoxy to glue it (I have an automatic, the manual installation is different but just as easy.)

I can smell the leather from across the room. This stuff is high quality, shipped from Europe (Poland.)
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

How does the console cover go on? I just ordered one, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

Comment

Looks pretty nice, get some pictures after they are installed. :tup:

i may just get the $20 ones.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

My console cover impedes the function of my button, but it fits and looks good. The shift boot looks good as well, although the leather is still a little stiff. The instructions on the site sucked, so I used my own best judgment. I have yet to install the e-brake boot..does anyone know how to do this? Do I just tear out the plastic crap around it or what?

Comment

Here are some pics:

I think I will do some readjusting with the console becaue its pissing me off (looks good tho)

Comment

the console cover looks good but that shift boot just looks kind of funny on an automatic to me. maybe its because its so scrunched up.
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

yeah I think the short little shifter and HUGE shift nob may be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                    the console cover looks good but that shift boot just looks kind of funny on an automatic to me. maybe its because its so scrunched up.

I was thinking the same exact thing! Love the console cover!
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

not a fan of the shift boot but as said the center looks great

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Did you get the E-brake boot as well? I think that would look good with everything else.

Comment

yeah I got the e-brake boot, I haven't installed it yet. the shift boot doesn't look as good as I'd hoped, but it still looks better than the crappy plastic and stick. I'm going to do some readjusting with it and maybe get a new shift knob as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X