Maaco Paintjob! Finally bumper painted (pics) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maaco Paintjob! Finally bumper painted (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maaco Paintjob! Finally bumper painted (pics)

OK, i was supposed to have my GF's dad paint my front bumper (he does tht stuff) i spend a whole day sanding and ****, and day by day he becomes less dependable, i gave him the $150, said we paint it tomorrow, and he like never called me after 3 days, finally my dad got on the phone and got my money back. Called up Maaco, said theyd do it for $150, couldnt be more perfect. Two Days later, Baaaam, here it is. Im physced, this is how my bumper Shouldve looked! I had WAAAAY to many road scars and little chips for it to even look halfway decent. I was totally surprised with Maaco's job although i did do the sanding myself after the stories ive read. Then again they did do some sanding, they said a lot of it wasnt ready (even as my GF's dad was ready to paint it but ended up being a douche :naughty: )

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...nkers/Bump.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...kers/Front.jpg
    Last edited by hasenbonkers; 09-21-2006, 01:55 AM.

Re: Maaco Paintjob! Finally bumper painted (pics)

i'll post more tomorrow in the sun

Comment

i'll wait to make my decision after the sun pics :tup:
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Sanding is the first BIG step to prep for painting. If parts aren't sanded down correctly, they won't look correctly.
        After that is CLEANING the parts you've sanded and then primer. Two things MAACO lacks. I've seen about 10-15 cars in the past 10 years that have been done by MAACO, and all of them still had dust under the paint and after the paint began to chip, there wasn't any sign of primer....

I've seen the cars because I handled the auto accidents and know these people wanted their cars to be painted then sold asap. MAACO was their decision. I also have a MAACO in my district and handle numerous disturbances there of unhappy customers.
        Last edited by hockeyman; 09-21-2006, 08:16 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I know of a body man who used to get the Maaco paintjobs for his customers cars. As it was said prep work is REALLY important. He's had many a car painted from Maaco with great satisfaction from customers. He'd spend his time prepping properly, then tapes off all but the windshield and door windows, then takes the car there.

Comment

yea, i'm happy for now, plus i'm planning on trading in my car springtime for a new one, maybe a new v6, or an 8, but yea looks good for now

Comment

Here's a pic I just took

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...onkers/RS7.jpg

Comment

My experience with Maaco is that it looks good for a while but will not last as long as a high quality paint job. That's it.....

Comment

looks great in the sun, i was gonna say it looked a little... well sticky in the dark

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                    looks great in the sun, i was gonna say it looked a little... well sticky in the dark
                    It looked like ghetto spraypaint or something

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
                      It looked like ghetto spraypaint or something
                      my thoughts exactly, looked like over-spray was all over and looked like it had alot of swirls. sun pic looks way better. if you can get more pictures please do. looks good considering who did it.
                      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

for a touch up on a car that sees a lot of action and is daily driven macco is just fine. wise decision.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I don't trust Maaco anymore. I took my truck there to get it painted, and it came back with paint on the windows, the bumpers, they didn't paint the extra parts that we paid them to pain until we went and complained, and the paint had no primer or any signs of sanding or cleaning. Luckily, my dad knew they didn't do a good job at prepping, so we sanded the whole thing down. This was my 89 Blazer, which had alot of rust on it. We took out all the spots of rust, and welded in new metal, then sanded it flush. It looked good before we sent it to them. When we got it back, it was a so so job. From far away, it looked OK, but you get up close and you could see tons of imperfections in the paint. It had big runs in about 7 different spots, swirls all over the truck, and they charged us out the butt for it all. We did all the prep work, all they had to do was spray it with a few coats of paint, and they charged us just above 1 grand for that. And that was the cheap, 1 year warranty paint! I could have painted it myself for less and had it looking better than that.

But, your car looks good. How come I always get the horrible people when it comes to quality?
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

here another one

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...onkers/Pic.jpg

Comment

doesnt look half bad. what camera u got btw it takes really clear pics ?
                              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                              1994 Camaro - Sold
                              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X