Anyone with 98'-02' Camaro Front Grill Painted?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with 98'-02' Camaro Front Grill Painted??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with 98'-02' Camaro Front Grill Painted??

Looking for pics please. I can't decide if I should paint the STOCK grill one color, get an AFTERMARKET grill and paint it or go CARBON FIBER....(Please don't suggest billet grills as I don't care for those.) Any pics of one color front ends appreciated. thanks. :)
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: Anyone with 98'-02' Camaro Front Grill Painted??

Here ya go...just had it done a few weeks ago and I love it. Looks way better than that ugly grey stock grille.

Black 1998 Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862</a>

Comment

Sweet. Thanks. I like that A LOT. My 02' is pewter, so I'm leaning toward eventually getting one of those custom grills and getting it painted by a shop. (I just took my stock grill off because it has holes in it from someone who put the plate on). Hell, it's so bad.. that they damaged the front of the car under the stock grill. :mad: So now I need to figure out what to do next.
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

I think I'm going to go to Carbon Fiber route that rksport one I believe. I have a light silver camaro.

I can't believe the paint stays on that piece its so flimsy; at least mine is. I would think it would crack in no time but I usually remove it and the SS grill insert everytime I wash my car. I was also looking at the SS style bowtie piece but meh its typical. I'd go carbon fiber or the painted grill like Dkotch has looks really good. I tried to get a billet grill as a quick fix but the grill doesn't even fit in the opening and I ended up scratching my paint up just trying to set it in there.
        1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

Originally posted by OutKlast
          I think I'm going to go to Carbon Fiber route that rksport one I believe. I have a light silver camaro.

I can't believe the paint stays on that piece its so flimsy; at least mine is. I would think it would crack in no time but I usually remove it and the SS grill insert everytime I wash my car. I was also looking at the SS style bowtie piece but meh its typical. I'd go carbon fiber or the painted grill like Dkotch has looks really good. I tried to get a billet grill as a quick fix but the grill doesn't even fit in the opening and I ended up scratching my paint up just trying to set it in there.

The SS grill looks a bit common to me. I know a few people that have it. I was thinking of also going with the carbon fiber grill (at least for a while). When I get tired of it, I'll eventually just get it painted body color. The nice thing about that, is that it has screens in the wide openings to set it off. Plus, I'd really like the front end to be one color. I think it looks more "custom" that way. I'm also thinking about a front air dam to finish off the front end, since I only have the chinsy factory 2 piece in the front.
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

I saw one on a Mont. Maroon Camaro that actually looked pretty good. Let me try to find a picture.
            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

What to do with the Camaro front grille is kind of a dilemma isn't it?

Comment

Here's a pewter one painted black

Comment

That first pic is killer! :tup:
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by DKotch22
                    Here ya go...just had it done a few weeks ago and I love it. Looks way better than that ugly grey stock grille.

Hey, what kind of paint did you use on your grill, DKotch?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus21
                      Hey, what kind of paint did you use on your grill, DKotch?
                      Sorry, I have no idea. A guy did it for me on the side that worked at a bodyshop. I know he said he was going to use some sort of paint made for plastic so it won't chip. The bodyshop quoted me $120, but the guy did it for me for $90.
                      Black 1998 Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862</a>

Comment

$5 can of plastic enamel paint from lowe's

Not a good pic, but its the only up-close one I have.

Comment

Caspernicus, what color is your car? (it's hard to tell if it's white or pewter in the pic). Looks, good, btw.
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X