Car went through garage so need to paint new parts - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car went through garage so need to paint new parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car went through garage so need to paint new parts

Hey guys! I have a remote start on my car with a manual tranny. One night I left it in gear in front of my garage and started it in the morning and found it going through the garage door. Took the legs from under the pool table and crushing the bar. Now I bought an brand new black bumper and have to get a new paint job. I think it is ready to paont. I was gonna go to Maaco for it.

Do you know how much it would hurt me to get it painted or do it myself?

Re: Car went through garage so need to paint new parts

if you do it yourself youll end up with bad results.. usually it costs around 200-300 for a good job on a single panel, never get a touchup because youll be able to tell the difference in the paint. if your getting the entire car painted then itll run you around 2500-3000 for a GOOD job, maybe a little bit less if you take off some of the parts yourself that the body shop would be removing, lowering the time and labor.

Comment

Unless you know what you are doing, don't try it yourself. Maaco is the cheapest of the cheap and you get what you pay for. If you can afford it, go to a real body shop.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Yeah money is tight right now so I guess I'll just wait or look for someone to hook me up. Thanks guys.

Comment

i have had a maaco paint job... dont do it.............. it looks good when u pull it out.... thats it..... bird crap ATE THROUGH THE CLEAR COAT!.... DONT GET IT..... i had it put on my first car... 92 mustang

Comment

where did you get your remote start? i didnt think they made them for manuels
            K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Originally posted by matt3989
              where did you get your remote start? i didnt think they made them for manuels
              No Maaco then. I got it done by a friend. I'll find out the name of it. I know it's not a big name. I have no problems wit h it , but when you leave it in gear watch out. The funny thing is I've had it do it before and it only jumped maybe a foot. This time it went through the garage. And it was going uphill. Funny...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X