T-Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tops

My car doesn't have t-tops, never has and isn't cut out for them. I was woundering how much and where i could get someone installed for my 93 camaro. Does anyone sell the t-top kits anymore?

Re: T-Tops

i don't think anyone sells kits. plus it would be easier to just go on ebay and get everything that you need.

i did it. it's lots of fun!
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

What do i all need to be able to have t-tops?

Comment

no one knows?

Comment

search.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Thats why i am asking i have searched and found nothing. I don't ask questions that I haven't looked up before hand. :)

Comment

go to ls1tech.com make a name then search t-top conversions and im pretty sure someone posted a guide that has everything you need and how to perform it. i looked at it a while back.

Comment

Ok, Here are the links :

http://www.dw-zone.com/t-tops/t-top.asp

http://members.fortunecity.com/gripe...onversion.html

:) ...Good luck!
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

im on the conversion trane to :D haha it was actually pretty cool u just have to get over cuting your roof off then ur good..and dont be suprised if it leaks horribly it takes alot of adjusting
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Is it pretty hard to do? What all did you need besides the weather strips and the t-tops?

Comment

Originally posted by A1C_CHRANS
                        Is it pretty hard to do? What all did you need besides the weather strips and the t-tops?
                        its not as hard as you think it would be...most cuts u make u have 1/2-1ich to mess up so its not that hard at all..the hardest part was bending the metal the right way u know... other then that its pretty easy..

as for what else you need..
                        1.ttops
                        2.weather striping for both sides
                        3.ttop headliner
                        4.the two a pillers for ttops
                        5.to back pieces (smaller ones have hole in center on the back)
                        6.all four ttop brackets(there inside the metal if u go to a junkyard to get ur stuff liek i did.. they just unbolt..and theres a few parts to it so make shure u dont lose a peice of one)
                        7.ttop key;-) make shrue u have one ..even if u gotta get oen made its worth it just incase one wants to fly off)

and btw as logn as u adjust it right it *shouldn't fly off.. i have my brackets as far out twords the ttop as it can go while still fitting so the metal part gos deep into the bracket.. i keep um locked though

one last thing your most lickly gunna have leaks right on the front two corners.. i had a big gap there.. dont worry its all adjustable.. if u do it and get leaks just ask and ill let ya know how to get rid of them
                        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

awsome I am going to try to do this after I get back from deployment in January. But you are right, it is a little scary thinking about cutting out my roof.

Comment

Originally posted by A1C_CHRANS
                            Thats why i am asking i have searched and found nothing. I don't ask questions that I haven't looked up before hand. :)
                            hmm, what did you type in because I right away found kristens walkthrough writeup thing with pics when I did a search. Not trying to be rude here, just letting you know that with some different terms and all, you can uncover a lot of info.

Here is one for example:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...top+conversion
                            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

:) I never knew their was an actual search tool at the top. I always went through the threads and tried to find it the hard way. Now I know. My bad. :spank:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X