How many uses w/ claybar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many uses w/ claybar

I was just wondering how many times you can use 1 claybar? I got the Meguiar's kit and it came with 2 bars. How many times can I use the 1 bar since it will absorb more and more dirt each time? By the way i recommend the Meguiar's kit to anybody!

Re: How many uses w/ claybar

I have used mine quite a few times. I think usually you use it tell it falls apart or whenever you feel it is too dirty for your paint.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I just clayed my car this past weekend with the meguires. Damn that stuff works wonders. My car is black, and it looks as if the paint is new!

Comment

I'm not really familiar to claybarring. What exactly does it do and how do you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by carl g. berlin
          I just clayed my car this past weekend with the meguires. Damn that stuff works wonders. My car is black, and it looks as if the paint is new!
          I was very skeptical of the bar myself, and i thought my paint was smooth. Man was I worng!!! not only did it use it on my paint which is black as well, but i also used it on my windos, which now match the whole car, smooth as friggin glass. as for how many times, well i only used half my bar to do the car, and im gonna use that half to do my truck, but i thikn you could get a hlf dozen uses out of one bar i think, unless your paint is seriously nasty

Comment

well it comes in a kit. I got the mothers ( though im a Meguirs fan through and through, but was the only one at Advance) it comes with a clay bar, a special spray, and some wax. you take the spray, and squirt it on your paint, workin small areas at a time, then you take your bar (i take half of it) and rub it in the area you put the spray down, and periodically, rollthe clay back up in to a ball cause the dirt collects on the bottom and you roll it up and start with a new patch. DO NOT rub on a dry area, you might as well take sandpaper to your paint. after you hit the area, ittl leave a little white residue, just wash your car good, and wax it. itll be the best hour you spent on your paint

(note: wash your car before doing this this is justto get the particles in the paint out and other contaminents, and wash it after you clay it)

Comment

im a clayer. i love it.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by carl g. berlin
                My car is black as well, and I was getting frustrated with keeping it clean. Not after the claybar kit. I'm now a clay bar lifer.

Comment

i just keep using it as long there isn't pebbles or anything in it
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

It really depends on how dirty the car is. When I get a new bar I cut it in half or into quarters incase I drop it or it gets too nasty so I have more to use.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      3 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X