pictures needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures needed

i was thinkin bout takin the side molding off my 96 firebird and i wanna see pics of a car similair to mine without the side molding to see what it looks like before i took them off to see if i like it or not,anybody have pictures?? :rolleyes:

p.s. what is the best and easiest way to get them off?
    Last edited by 96greenmachine; 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM.

Re: pictures needed

Lots of pictures and instructions if you search "side molding". Hopefully your paint isn't faded. Good luck!

Comment

Best way to take it off is to wait until it's hot out, and go peel it off. Then rub the glue off with your thumb. I'd start by taking off the small section in front of the door. That way you can see if your paint's faded or not, and if you don't like it, buy some 3M double sided tape from Lowes and stick it back on. You'll never be able to tell you took it off :banana: And, IMO, any F-Body looks better with it off.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

well like my emblems 1 side come off no prob...but the other side there was some sort of hard stuff on it and wouldnt come off so it looks like its gonna need a sand job and repainting...the car needs a paint job anyways...but it turned out ok.

Comment

hey man i removed the side molding off my bird.....here are some pics
          before:

After:

Last edited by cmblack13; 10-11-2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

let me know if you need anymore?

Comment

hell u didnt have to do yours your car kicks *** with or w/out the mold...its a v6 right? btw i have pictures of mine on the "pictures on demand lol" thread

Comment

yes its a v6

Comment

Um....... not to sound like an idiot, but I dont see anything different. .....

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

IMO it doesnt look that different from a distance cuz the curves are still there after u take the mold off...only difference is there is no lip anymore after u pull them off

Comment

Originally posted by cmblack13
                      hey man i removed the side molding off my bird.....here are some pics

I'd like to see more pics.....

Comment

I removed mine from my firebird. IMO the lines of the car flow better and look cleaner now. Also, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning my car and it was almost impossible to remove all the dirt that built up in the FIREBIRD emblem. Its just so much easier to take that emblem off that to use a Q-tip to clean around each letter. When I removed my side moldings and emblems I found it hard to believe how much dirt built up where the side moldings attach to the car and the same with emblems.

Comment

Originally posted by travis brackett
                          I'd like to see more pics.....
                          My web site.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X