• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick wax question

meguiar's cleaner wax paste

or

meguiar's gold class liquid car wax

i found both in the garage and i would like to know which is better. no school equals lots of free time. thanks in advance :)
    98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Re: quick wax question

Cleaner Wax is the paint cleaner and wax in one bottle. It works extremely well. I have heard good things about their gold class products too.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Personally, I use the cleaner wax.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

If there is any difference at all, I would say that the cleaner paste is a little more abrasive than the liquid (being that it is a compound that buffs out little scuffs and grime and such. It's hard to say, really, if there IS a difference both of them being Meguire's, you know. I've used both and they both seem to do the job.
      Last edited by Pewter W68 GU6; 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The paste will take out scuffs and scratches better, and have longer lasting effects. I would use the paste. If your car doesn't really have scratches or scuffs, i would still use the paste because it lasts longer.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I would tend to agree that the paste would last a little longer.

Comment

FYI they are both cleaner waxes. Try them both (not at the same time) and see which one you like best.

Comment

yeah i had never used the liquid before so thats what i went with. it feels awesome. like every time i close my door i think yeeesssss.....

imo it went on easier than the paste, and the shine was... well.... pretty shiny. we'll just have to wait and see if it lasts as long as the other stuff.

thanks for the feedback though, i honestly had no idea what the difference was.
              98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X