Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto shift boot!

got it from www.lightningautocustoms.com

they give you a free pen, keychain, and two stickers too.

special thanks goes out to gugdathug3:banana:
    Last edited by notsonic; 04-08-2007, 03:49 PM.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Re: auto shift boot!

still waiting for mine but i think its commin today:)

Comment

i may just order one for the free stickers.... how much hp those stickers add? i heard if u got the keychain closest to the ignition key, that helps also....

Comment

i love how the mail comes 5 mintues before i have to go to work now i have to wait 6 hours until im done with work to install it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

Comment

what a pain in the *** to install. I got this sheet with my boot that has instructions and like number 5 and 6 says something then says, "see picture" but there is no damn picture. Im sure i will get it done tomorrow. I got home from work and was going to do it but got the screws out of the center councel and said f*ck it i will do it tomorrow!!!!!:rant:

Comment

i thought it was pretty easy; :(

first i got the c-clip out of the shift knob and pulled it off.

then the shifter cover plate thing practically comes right off. (id suggest removing your ash tray first, i almost dumped change everywhere.)

then on the underside theres 4 screws, take em out. (nows a good time to take everything apart and clean it if you want.)

take everything out, that big white contraption etc.

so with just the shift indicator panel in place in the whole thing slip the boot trhough from the back so that the side of it with the two cutouts is to the left of the indicator so that they basically fill the space between the screw posts. then i tucked the other side under the indicator.

then all you gotta do is put the big white contraption back on. i left all of the plastic "boot" pieces in. and thats it.

you might have to pull the boot out a little bit after you get it on the car. shifting to P and 1 can pull on it if you dont.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Glad you like it Notsonic! :banana:
              i mean its way better than no boot at all.. especially if you have a lot of leather in your car and it will compliment all the black interior pieces.

Originally posted by th3shuck
              what a pain in the *** to install. I got this sheet with my boot that has instructions and like number 5 and 6 says something then says, "see picture" but there is no damn picture. Im sure i will get it done tomorrow. I got home from work and was going to do it but got the screws out of the center councel and said f*ck it i will do it tomorrow!!!!!:rant:
              come on dude, it was by far the easiest mod ive done..
              all you need are:
              small flat head screw driver.. (to get the clip outta the shift knob),
              and a 9/32 9M socket (to undo the screws on shifter plate)

lol the instrutions sucked @$$, "Remove white shift indicator section. (as seen in picture)

WTF, what picture?! lol yea, hard part was adjusting the leather boot so it wont move when u shifted out off P. had to take it out twice. Its all good now.

BTW, i updated my thread with better pics..

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=72372

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X