Scratched Plastic Interior Panels... any fixes? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratched Plastic Interior Panels... any fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched Plastic Interior Panels... any fixes?

I'll bet there aren't... but just wondering... is there any way to fix scratches on the interior panel pieces? Just got a new long scratch tonight inside the 02'... Any cover-ups for them? I'm thinking armor all or something like that. Suggestions? (I don't feel like buying new pieces though).
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: Scratched Plastic Interior Panels... any fixes?

I know when I got scratches in mine the guys at the dealership where my dad worked used a heat gun to take the scratches out. Just get it hot enough on the surface and kind of blend in where it is scratched. I know I had more than a few in the cargo area. Good luck
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

K, thanks! :)
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

be careful with strait heat...get it warm and somewhat plyable, then use your finger and press where the scratch is...it'll give it texture....just dont go to hot, or you'll discolor the plastic and really screw it up.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

depending how deep the scratch is u can use novus that stuff worked great on my old head lights and my pinball machines and can i use a blow dryer instead of a heat gun it will prob take longer tho?

Comment

I dont think a blow dryer will get hot enough...you might be able to use a torch from a safe distance, but it's tough.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Believe me, heat will really screw up the plastic if you're not careful. Heat could work if you're extremely careful though. I don't know about a blow dryer, but i KNOW a clothing iron will get hot enough to accomplish the task. Just be careful as I said.

Another option: you could use this as an opportunity to paint the scratches panel(s.) Sand a little and paint, then viola, no scratches. Good luck.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Hey Shirl, take a look at this website.....

http://www.janvil.com/plastic_polish.htm

:)
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X