Painting valve covers = Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting valve covers = Nightmare

so i see all these threads with ppl painting their valve covers so tonight i look at the motor and figure what the hell lets take a shot. omg what a headache. i dont know if it is technique or what. trying to get dr side lift bracket off, egr bolt broke, egr wont come off hits water neck. so finally i get the first bolt closes to the nose of the car off with the lift bracket slid up a little. then i get the 2 bolts off the coil pack bracket. cut up my fingers but got them off. now it wont lift up. wires wont come off, dont feel like breaking those too, coil pack bolts are a pita to get to the ones on the intake side. finally i called it quits after like 2 hrs. my ****in back is killin me and its such a hassle. might take another stab tomo but i think i'll just put it back together. imo dont paint the valve covers unless you got your motor out.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Re: Painting valve covers = Nightmare

or u could have bought another set like most others including myself and paint those...a whole lot easier

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

whats the differnce i would have to take the old ones off to put the xtra set on ?
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

u dont waste a day paintin...they r already done

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
          u dont waste a day paintin...they r already done
          thats not my problem i could care less about a day of painting they are a ***** to get off and my egr bolt broke and i cant fit a drill in there
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

gave it another shot could not get the coil pack bracket off tried to get a driver under it got the 1st 1 but couldnt get the one further back the coils hit the throttle cable. i give up.
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X