Mothers Cleaner Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Cleaner Wax

I was at the auto part stoe today buying some seafoam, and i was planning on getting some wax too.

I found a can and got it becaus ei had heard of the name..

It's Mothers Cleaner Wax, in paste form..I have heard good things about Mothers for their claybars, so i figured i couldn't go wrong. I was going to get meguiars gold class, but they didn't carry it. Was it a good choice?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Mothers Cleaner Wax

By the way, i plan on applying it with a offset rotary buffer. Any suggestions for that? I've used it before but never with paste wax.. is it any different?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

cleaner wax is sort of like a polish or swirl remover. it contains some polishing agents. it is really ment for finishes with oxidation or scratches/swirls. I would not use it as your regular wax.

By their very nature, paste waxes are much easier to apply by hand. I have never tried applying a paste with a buffer.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i have very light minor scratches and swirls over the whole car, i have car polish as my normal wax. Would you suggest just doing it by hand the? Or will the buffer still do a better job? I have used color cure car polish a few times, and i'm just not happy that in the right light, my car is swirly and not smooth looking, so i deicided to go with a cleaner, and paste since it's supposed to last longer.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

buffer is easier....by hand always does a better job

Zymol Cleaner Wax is liek $15 and totally worth it, best stuff ive used, omg

its in a blue bottle...should do ur car like 8 times...totally worth is

Comment

the stuff i got was $11. I don't know if i wanna do it more than a few times since it's a cleaner and it takes off more coat than polish, maybe i'll get a hold of some of that and shine my car up.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I use ardex its great and it also has a picture of a camaro on it
              I also use the red turtle wax color cure polish which is great

Comment

Mothers cleaner carnuba wax is safe

I've used it on everything from our truck, my Camaro and GTO and sea Doo.

They stuff is easy, durable and looks great!

Try it out, I always do it by hand, dont use a machine on an F body, their not that big! by hand is the best way!

~Chris
                ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X