Ripped Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped Seat

What should i do to fix my seat? Its 12 years old in a 94 camaro.

Could you please reccomend some of the following and how much they would cost

Good Quality Seat Cover

New or used factory seat (where could i get one?)

Take it to a shop and have it Reahpolstered ( how much?)

Also on the right side you can feel the support bar sticking right into your back so please take this into consideration..

Thanks

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...14_53_full.jpg
    Recover seat at shop
    31.82%
    Buy a good quality seat cover
    13.64%
    Buy a new/used factory seat
    36.36%
    Buy a new aftermarket seat
    18.18%
    Last edited by Fspalt; 10-25-2006, 07:58 PM.

Re: Ripped Seat

If you like your car then get the seat reupholstered at a shop. The covers never look right. As for the price, I am not too sure, depends on the fabric, complexity, etc. Possibly $125 - $175 per seat, again depending on the shop and location. Could be less...

Comment

Thanks nascar and thanks for the votes. Does anyone else have suggestions? I also fixed the image link above. Take a look.

Comment

Lol, I have the exact same rip in the exact same spot on my 95.

Comment

im surprised i dont have that rip.

but i do get the bar pushing on my right side.

theres a guy in town that reupholsters and recushions like couches and furniture. ive been meaning to see if he can recushion my seat.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

I would just replace the cloth at a shop or do it yourself. its not that difficult
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

How much do you think it would cost shop vs if i do it myself. Where would i get a new cover that would be the same pattern? I'm guessin the dealership if they still make them. Also how would i repair the foam both on the ripped part and on the part that the bar is pushing into my side. Are there any guides?. Thanks

Frank

Comment

I would diffently take it to an upholstery shop. I've always wanted custom upholstery(seats, head liner, door panels). But it also sounds like its time for some new foam for you. By the time you take it to a shop buy fabric, foam, and of course installation fees and such it would probably cost you less money to buy after market seats or better yet nice used ones from a junk yard or swap meet.

Comment

i would get a new one. only cause i don't like to get stuff that is just going to end up being cr@p in a year down the line
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

they do sell camaro seat covers on ebay and im not talking about ones you put over the seats. i mean you have to take the old material off and put these ones on they look stock but you can get them in diff colors i saw black and red but they arent always on there or you can buy all the seats (leather) for $500 and thats not just covers those are the entire factory seats along with the backs
                    Last edited by homedog119; 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
                      they do sell camaro seat covers on ebay and im not talking about ones you put over the seats. i mean you have to take the old material off and put these ones on they look stock but you can get them in diff colors i saw black and red but they arent always on there or you can buy all the seats (leather) for $500 and thats not just covers those are the entire factory seats along with the backs
                      Could you post a link to suck listings. Ive tried searching ebay for the factory seats and couldnt find anything for 94. Also do you know if they sell the material for the cloth seats as mine are not leather. It would be much appreciated.

Comment

I would go to a junkyard and find a replacement. Most of the time you can get seats for around a hundred for the pair.

Comment

I found factory leather but if you buy all of them you can just replace your cloth and 93-2002 are all the same

here is one auction not bad look good to me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-92...47438263QQrdZ1

These are tan cloth not that great

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...47615687QQrdZ1

I like these im looking for cloth for you they are hard to find but i really like the leather looks better then the cloth

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-Ch...41257292QQrdZ1

ill let you know if i find any cloth but i have leather and its not that bad in the winter or summer if it does during the winter your most likely gonna be wearing pants and long shirts. If it still bothers you buy a seat cover or put a towl on the seat its not that bad tho

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X