grill help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grill help

Ok so i'm accumulating funds now, and i'm thinking about getting a different grill for my car or taking the stock grill and sanding it all nice and smooth and painting it the same color as the car. I was thinking of a billet grill but most of the ones i see you can see right through them and see the backing and everything. So i'm looking for some opinions or some good photoshoppers, and if anyone does photoshop it, could you throw some wheels on it as well, some c5's or what you think would look good. I'm keeping the orange markers because i think they look good on my color car. There's quite a few pics at cardomain. Thanks in advance.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2309443

Re: grill help

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...c1/bb64re2.jpg

Here's what mine looks like. For $50 shipped from ebay I didn't think it was to darn bad.
    Last edited by youngsc; 10-27-2006, 06:59 PM.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i bought that same 50 dollar one off of ebay, you are soposed to paint behind the grill black so it wont show thru but i just got insert letters for the back and i like the way it turned out

or you can get something like this, it is the grill that west wing company makes, but i think they can get pricey cause you have to get it painted

Last edited by Meatyshells; 10-28-2006, 01:08 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I think it would look neat if u painted the stock grill ive never seen that grill painted i think you should try it

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
          i bought that same 50 dollar one off of ebay, you are soposed to paint behind the grill black so it wont show thru but i just got insert letters for the back and i like the way it turned out
          I never thought of that. With mine being red it's dark enough you can't really see behind unless you really get on the ground and try. Painting the camaro black would be a nice touch. Nice car.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i think clear coners would look great on your color. as for a grill just put a nice billet one on. but i wouldnt paint behind the grill becuase thats way to nice of a color to do that too. and you only see behind the grill from certain angles anyway.

hints about this:

Future mods: (some of this stuff will be done quicker than others)

shift skip eliminator * we dont have shift skip on our T5's*
            02 sensor simulators * only need one,post cat*
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I had my stock grille painted and just put the front vinyl decal on it...

Black 1998 Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862</a>

Comment

i like it painted like that how much did it cost u
                i use to have a black camaro but the paint was really
                faded it was shiny but it was a weird color balck
                i cant explain it i have a pic of it

it was a nice car but my new one is nicer i still love the black but oh well
                Last edited by homedog119; 10-28-2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, i think i'm gonna go with the stock grill pained blue and then add in some white camaro lettering. Thanks for the input though. I still have some paint from my car, so maybe this winter i can work on it between semesters of college. Mechanical Engineering classes are kicking my @$$. Thanks again, and I want those rims off of that silver camaro

Comment

Dkotch22, where do you live in michigan, i'm up around Frankenmuth, Birch Run area. I ask because it seems like there are no camaro clubs around here, or any car meets.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X