taking off valve covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking off valve covers?

Ive seen v8 camaros and stuff take off there valve covers and drive around that way. have any v6s done this? and why would they do this? Probably a stupid question but hey.

Re: taking off valve covers?

I wouldn't recomend that, unless you want to get debris and junk in your engine. Not to mention losing some oil. I guess if your looking for an excuse to replace your engine sooner take them off. IDK why anyone would drive with them off.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

It can be done, as to why they do it? I really dont know. You really wont lose that much oil as it only comes up thru the pushrods anyways.

Comment

just wondering why you would want to do that. not meaning this rude or anything, just wondering.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

JUST A GUESS....they may do it upon install of new drive train accessories to just make sure everything is functioning correctly. I dont know of any guys who drive full time like this.

Another guess being they have such high lift cams that they can no longer use valve covers.

Comment

I dont want to do that, I have just seen some ls1s that have taken them off. Just wondering why.

Comment

probably same reason ricers get clear hoods
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i had mine off so I could make sure the rocker bolts werent vibrating off
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i would run w/ them on to be safe
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold
                  1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X