Foggy headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy headlights

Ok idk what is going on i put on halo headlights and the one ALWAYS fogs up what can i do to get rid of the fog:mad:

Re: Foggy headlights

first you can do is search, then you can reseal the housing with some rtv and then check the drain if it has one for clogs
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

and if that doesnt work

Comment

drill a hole in the bottom of the housing for moisture to escape. i did it to my old taillights b/c it did the same thing.

Comment

its not like there is water visible in it can u send me pics of what you did

Comment

Go get some black RTV (silicone), lightly spread it along the black seal of the headlights, then remove the bulbs and apply a thin layer where the bulb sits in the headlight housing. Water was entering at the bulbs on my headlight conversions because the seal wasn't tight enough.

To dry out the headlights, just remove the bulbs and leave the hood up for a few hours or remove them and let them dry-out overnight. Then, apply the silicone and allow it to dry before reinstalling the bulbs.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks guys this has been pissing me off because i paid like 130 for those healdlights:banana:

Comment

Re: Foggy headlights fixed

Ok since they still fogged up i came up with an idea that worked. I got a hair dryer took out the lights and stock the hair dryer in the socket the lights look great and no fog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X