Everyone with Nightshaded tail lights in here...... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone with Nightshaded tail lights in here......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone with Nightshaded tail lights in here......

What brand of clear coat do you guys use to make the tail lights glossy? I've been using Krylon Clear Coat Enamel, but it doesn't work very well. I want my lights to have that glossy look to them.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Re: Everyone with Nightshaded tail lights in here......

i used cheapo walmart 96 cent clear,then wetsanded and hand polished. looks reall glossy
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

i used automotive clear ..

but tom is right, you need to wetsand and polish to get them looking really nice
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

how would one go about wet-sanding and polishing? i just got nite shades and want to do this too, but i want to do it right and wet-sand and polish accordingly..--what should i expect to see and do

Comment

there is a write up if you search. what i did was put down the vht, then cleared. wetsanded with 2000 grit and then used some tropicare car polish. came out mint
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold
          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I did 3 coats on my turn signals housing (clear corners, not stock). Betweene very coat, I would wet sand them with 600grit (I think it was 600, may have been finer). When it came to the 3rd coat, I put it on lighter than the rest, and once it got kinda tacky, sprayed on my clearcoat. Came out nice. Has a nice shine to it, but not too much. I'll try and get pics later today if you want.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X