SS Spoiler conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Spoiler conversion

I'd like to get the SS spoiler for my car but I have a question about how it mounts. On the SS wing, they have the 2 peices that come down toward the center.. I'm assuming to mount that spoiler on a regular camaro you'd have to drill holes in the truck lid to properly mount it. Is that right?

Re: SS Spoiler conversion

i think they just sit on the car i would never drill the holes

Comment

A body shop installed mine and drilled holes for the center bars.

Comment

Ya, most people drill holes I think. But, if you wanted, you could just buy some heavy double sided tape and stick them on. 3M makes some good tape, and I'm sure it would hold those in place (I mean just the 2 tower peices. I'd actually bolt the ends on)
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

no you dont have to drill holes, mine came with some thick double sided rubberlike material to put between the car and the spoiler. it mounts with the same 4 screws your stock one mounts to, same two wires your light is hooked up to also. I bought mine from RKsport. i think it would be kinda hard to drill holes anyway. you wouldnt need to, it wont be coming off after you mount it.
          Last edited by 1999Spectre; 11-21-2006, 09:49 AM.

come get some
          http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

you dont have to but my is drilled. the rubber mounts are going to rub the paint anyways
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

which is worse rub the paint off from underneath or 2 holes

Comment

for me neither since they both suck. besides, i didn't like how it raised the spoiler enough to were you could see the rubber piece
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i got some super strong double sided tape at work so i'll just go with that

Comment

go ahead and drill if ur gunna keep it on there might as well right
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I don't have anything on the center bars. Why? I'm a gangsta.
                      1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X