Cleaning windshield is a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning windshield is a nightmare

Am i the only person here or is it that our windshields are hard as hell to clean. I use windex on them and they end up streaky and they are at such an angle there is no comfortable way to clean them. Does anyone have any trick or something they use to help them do it. I did a search didnt see anything i hate these damn windshields

Re: Cleaning windshield is a nightmare

I agree but only on the inside of the windshild near the dash. I say just do your best cuz I have never seen a trick to make cleaning it easier.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing actually... the insides are a ***** to clean, and windex, for some reason, is almost completely useless on my car. Just creates all these tiny "bubbles" that you can see at night.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Windex isn't made for temper-glass, that is why. Use Invisible Glass, it works like a charm and if there is no tint on the window, it actually does what it's named. You clean it well with it and walk about 20 feet away from your vehicle and it looks like there is nothing there if you are at the right angles.

Also, for making it easier to clean the bottom part of your windshield.......This is what I do:

Have you ever seen the thin sponges with a handle that you can put dishwashing detergant in that is used to clean dishes with? Well, I pour my invisible glass into the handle and some onto the pad itself, just so I'm not applying a dry sponge to my glass and scrub away. The one I have is pretty thin, about a little less than a quarter of an inch, with an angled handle so it can lay pretty much flat. Even if you can't find one that has a sponge that small, you can always take a knife and cut it down to whatever size you wish it to be. It also works good for armor-all'ing your tires. It's exactly as wide as my tire is from the rim up. And it keeps my hands from getting all greasy from tire wet gel, as I just pour the tire wet into the handle of the scrubbing brush.

good luck, and I hope this helps you as much as it does me.

Comment

Windex and a piece of newspaper. Works like a charm Every-Single-Time!! No streaks or lint, and it's cheap.
          sigpic

Comment

well i have detailed cars professionally for a while now and heres the best way ive found...What you need is 2 microfiber towels and Invisible glass o yea and shade is a must. DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN YOR WINDOWS IN THE SUNLIGHT. I find that if you clean the windows with one microfiber towel then take your second dry microfiber towel and wipe the windows down again it seems to do a pretty good job. With the first towel and the invisible glass you are cleaning the window, then the second dry towel helps to get rid of any streaks. Repeat for real dirty windows.
            1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Do you smoke? if so.. cleaning your windows anyway is terrible cuz of all the residue.

but yeah newspaper really does an excellent job, it leaves no streaks.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

newspapers on windows or mirrors is the way it should always be. :)

I think that's why newspapers were invented, to clean windows and mirrors. And they tried to fool me into thinking they were for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                  Use Invisible Glass, it works like a charm and if there is no tint on the window, it actually does what it's named.
                  they are awesome! just pick up one from the nearest autostore ......worth every penny................

:)
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                    newspapers on windows or mirrors is the way it should always be.

I think that's why newspapers were invented, to clean windows and mirrors. And they tried to fool me into thinking they were for reading.
                    Hey, my life revolves around people getting newspapers :mad: Its people like you that make me make less money :mad: :rant:

:p
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

go to www.calcarcover.com and the type in gmkit its the easyist way to cleen your wind sheild i got mine last month and love it its called the glass master cleaning kit

Comment

Originally posted by rays99bird
                        go to www.calcarcover.com and the type in gmkit its the easyist way to cleen your wind sheild i got mine last month and love it its called the glass master cleaning kit
                        I dont understand it says 6.99-21.99 wats up the price

Comment

the kit is 21.99 i think 6.99 is the shiping
                          Last edited by rays99bird; 11-28-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            4 hours ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X