inside door painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inside door painting

I would like to paint my inside doors black because some black paint got on the side door and I tried so wet sand the paint off and now it looks ugly like kind of ashy like by the door panels the door panels are grey by the way and I wanna go black so what kind of steps do I need to take on making this better or painting them black with what kind of paint some people say krylon but I don't know help please I wanna start tommorrow

Re: inside door painting

I use Duplicolor Paint.. I think its called "Bumper and Trim" its in a blue can and you can find it anywhere... Some paints are matched to factory colors, but they do have a universal black.

Get yourself some Prep-solvent to get any grease, oil, dirt, armoral etc. off the plastic. put 2 coats of that adhesion promotor down to help the paint bond to the plastic better. 2 or 3 coats of color then 2 good clear coats.

I did this to my trim inside and it has held up for almost 5 years now. Just clean it up with some windex when i clean the inside.

Also, use light coats, the interior is somthing you dont want to have alot of runs and stuff cause you will see it every day.

Comment

thanks for the help but I just started today and Im doing the whole inside black I bought a lot of krylon fusion from autozone its good for our interiors and you don't have to sand nothing just wipe the surface with alcohol and spray away my car is looking amazing I wish I would have did this a long time ago it really looks good I still have a few more parts to do but krylon fusion works very good and you don't need clear coat either but I still used it because I like for the black to shine. Anyone who have grey interior I reccommend them using this and changing thier interior from grey to black you will be happy I know I am so far.

After I do this I am gonna nightshade my taillights so I will be asking for advice on this next

Comment

just finished the doors and they look good everything inside my car now is black and red except the seat belts Im talking about the gray straps any idea on how I go about changing those ugly grey seatbelt straps to black I don't have any pictures though

Comment

go to a junkyard and buy new assemblies. Probably the easiest because to dye the fabric it would be messy and with the friction I don't know that it would last that long.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

dam now the inside of my doors are sticky from the black paint is there anything I can do about that or just buy new door panels

Comment

just figured out my problem I need more clear coat so Im gonna buy about 5 to 10 cans of clear coat and some more black gloss krylon fusion and finish up one of the best things Ive did to my car ever so far. It really looks good

Comment

post pics when you're done.

Comment

why black though? it might look weird ... i dunno
                  <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

It looks good but the cloth material I am gonna do them leather red or vinyl which ever one I find first where can I find leather like material at I know ebay but I would prefer buying it at a store like home depot so I know what I am getting does anyone know a local place

Comment

Dude....please try to use some sort of punctuation. It hurts to read your posts.

Are there any reupholstery shops in your area?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        1 day ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X