Shaving door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving door handles

I've searched through the forums and looked and looked and can't find anywhere about anyone who has shaved their doorhandles. Am I the only person on here with shaved door handles? Or does no one talk about their's?

Also shaved is the antenna, and the keyhole in the back for the hatch. And the keyholes where the door handles were too, of course.

Re: Shaving door handles

How about some pics? :)

Comment

yaaaaaa, pics pics pics ftw!

Comment

i also have shaved doors, and locks, and hatch key, front emblem, side moldings and body line, oh and the gas door( relocated behind driver side tailight

Comment

bagged, is yours the maro that uses hydraulics for the tail light gas filler? If so, you have an awsome camaro going for you there.

I would like to take it into consideration, but I really dont have the money to do it right now (or the shop, cuz no way any bodyman is doing the work)

Comment

i photoshopped my handles out but i want to see these pics and how much did it cost to do

Comment

It didn't cost me a thing actually. Accept for some food and playing some Halo 2. My brother in law works at a Vette shop and he also customizes/drops/bags trucks in his spare time, so he's always shaving this and that off.

Well, I noticed he had a some extra pieces laying around a year or so ago and asked if those would work for the firebird and he said yes. He asked if I would make him dinner and if we could all play some Halo 2, I agreed and he went and did it.. I haven't drove my car in 2 years and it has been sitting, but I'm about to start reconstruction on it and get it back into tip-top shape so I will be taking pics of it from start to finish and post them primered and when they get painted.

The only thing that sucks about it, is the doors weigh like 45 lbs, so they when I press the button to pop them open, they pop open like an inch. :( I have to find a motor that will push out 45 lbs.

Comment

can u get pics is it noticable where the handles were?

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
                  can u get pics is it noticable where the handles were?

depends on the work i suppose, but with quality work there should be no traces whatsoever.

honestly, IMO, this is money better spent elsewhere unless you know someone who can do it, or can do it yourself.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Nope you can't tell where they were, other than the 5x5 inch square of primer paint on both doors.

I know he did his own on his tacoma and I have witnessed people with tacoma's come up to him and ask him where he bought those doors like that. So, if he did that well on his, it's a good thing mine was about 50 door handle shaves later for him, he was all the better at it. The reason I trusted him to do it is because he has a great bodywork ethic. "Just say no to Bondo" so, we both have that in common.

But Loochy is right, if you don't know how to do it yourself, or don't know someone who can do it for relatively cheap or even free then spend the money elsewhere. It's not really worth it, because the main problem I see happening with cars that shave their door handles is a solenoid will go out and when that happens, it usually blows the fuse and then you have to figure out how to break into your car.

Comment

But, if you seriously want to do it to your car I would suggest doing what my brother in law did to learn. He went to the junkyard and bought like 10 doors from various vehicles all for like $20-$30 and just started practicing. He didn't even have to get to the 10th door before they looked professionally done.

Comment

Here are two pictures I found of my brother in law's truck after he had finished his door handles and I will show you some pics of his shaved tail lights if anybody wants to see those.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4175863

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4175863

I'll try to get some more upclose pictures of them and the driver's side door as well.

Comment

i wanna c up close of a camaro not a ricer truck

Comment

i think i was worth the money it looks so clean and smooth and with everything shaved the car just looks so sexy........and i have an acuator on my tailight thats wired to my remote with the door poppers. im goin to the shop today ill get pics if it doesnt look like poo

i like my cars like my women clean & shaven

Comment

I dont get what you mean when you say you have an acuator on your tail light can you get pics

and is is possible to get install the door solenoids without shaving the doors, so i can open the door normal or pop it open and then possibly in the future shave the handles
                              Last edited by homedog119; 12-05-2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X