Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rear Window Louvers

Originally posted by kristen
    that is why i think drop tops are ugly you can't do anything to them except have a plastic window.just my .02
    I thought that the back window on a vert was glass. Maybe the old one's had plastic, but they evolved.

I think the solar wing looks nice with the SS Spoiler. It has the same shape.

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
      I thought that the back window on a vert was glass. Maybe the old one's had plastic, but they evolved.

I think the solar wing looks nice with the SS Spoiler. It has the same shape.

Rob

it's almost the same as the ss, but it's closer to the rs
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        i like the louver. you get to make it your own. plus think your keeping your interior from the sun and your car won't get as hot. that is why i think drop tops are ugly you can't do anything to them except have a plastic window.just my .02
        Pffft, whatev. We have lovely glass windows thank you very much. And no back window looks way better than a small back window, a big back window, louvers, or a solar duck tail. So there :p :D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Plastic louvers are ugly, IMHO. Aluminum louvers are great - I had them on my 3rd gen Firebird. I've never seen any in person on a 4th gen f body.
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sure they would be practical during the hot summer months, but I'd rather hotbox for 2 months then strap that to my car.
            i\'m not an ambiturner.

Comment

I think it'd only look good on a black or dark gray/pewter, and only if it was painted gloss black... the one in that pic looks cheap
              Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

How about a hard top with a painted louver to match the car. Then the 2 racing stripes down the whole car... louver and everything.

Comment

it would still look hideous IMO.

louvers looked good on 3rd gens but 4th gens they look horrid.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                    it would still look hideous IMO.

louvers looked good on 3rd gens but 4th gens they look horrid.
                    exactly... thats the whole reason you see them on older models. It just puts too much on the back of the car. But to everyone, their own. If you like it then go for it.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I haven't seen ANY 4th gens with louvers except the ugly TA in that picture. I think there's a reason for that. They mess up the line of the car or something. If you want to keep the sun out, it's called limo tint.

I agree that they look good on 3rd gens, just not on 4th gens.
                      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X