Has anyone done a LED taillight conversion? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone done a LED taillight conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone done a LED taillight conversion?

You said the led tails are not as bright as the incandescents, but the ones i was looking at were composed of 30 different led bulbs facing different directions to have the wide angle of an incandescent. Is this still not going to be as bright?

I saw ones that were supposedly brighter than most incandescents, but were close to $30 a shot..
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Well most of the time either they're brighter or you really can't tell a difference... I know with mine I couldn't tell a difference... they look stock... just they have no burn in/out time... they deffinately grab your attention much faster than standard incandescent bulbs... here's a video showing my turn signals, stop lights, and brakes... sorry for the quality... it's hard to see how they instantly light up... but you can at least tell how bright they are... the video is about 1.5 mb.... click the picture to play...

Last edited by CoasterKev06; 12-13-2006, 12:40 AM.

Comment

^^ those are just the bulbs like you can get on superbrightleds.com right? Because that looks sick! I can't wait to get mine! Post pics up when you finish the Cadillac style ones too, i would love to see that.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

lol... alright man no prob... yeah those are just LED bulbs... still might be awhile on those cadillac ones... i've been kinda lurking around here for the last couple of months just absorbing information... so that's really the first time my car has been shown on the forums... i'll probably make a thread of my car and show the conversion in a week or so...

Comment

Definately post on how you do your conversion, I'm sure a lot of people might find int interesting and try it :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X