Halo Peeps.. step in, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halo Peeps.. step in, please

^ Thanks everyone! I will work on these either later or tomorrow. BlackMaro, are your halos BLUE or am I seeing things? :)
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
      Hey Dave, actually, that was my next question: can you make the halo any color by changing the LED ?
      yea. like i said before, you can.. but its tough. there is a write-up floating around somewhere. if you cant find it ill do some digging.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
        ^ Thanks everyone! I will work on these either later or tomorrow. BlackMaro, are your halos BLUE or am I seeing things? :)
        They aren't a very blue color. They have that off white/bluish tint. It's the regular color of halos. You can buy different colors from ledgauges.com (i think), but it's outrageous pricing.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Halos? For a 96?
          1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392
            Halos? For a 96?

Oh wait...nevermind...i skipped where you had an 02.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackMaro
              They aren't a very blue color. They have that off white/bluish tint. It's the regular color of halos. You can buy different colors from ledgauges.com (i think), but it's outrageous pricing.
              Yay! Awesome.. :banana: Thanks!
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

hooked mine up to my drl's. but i also disabled my drl's.

how did you do this? i'm kind of a newb, but did you splice them to your drl's? did you disable your drl's after that picture was taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Selby7390
                  how did you do this? i'm kind of a newb, but did you splice them to your drl's? did you disable your drl's after that picture was taken?
                  Im pretty sure in that picture its just the lights on when the fogs are turned on... DRL's are the daytime running lights, meaning they wont be on when the fogs are on.
                  2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                    Im pretty sure in that picture its just the lights on when the fogs are turned on... DRL's are the daytime running lights, meaning they wont be on when the fogs are on.
                    I think the set up he's got is he's hooked the LED up to the parking lights and disconnected the automatic DRL. The fogs i know are some PIAA driving lamps so he doesn't have to turn his headlamps on ever.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                      I think the set up he's got is he's hooked the LED up to the parking lights and disconnected the automatic DRL. The fogs i know are some PIAA driving lamps so he doesn't have to turn his headlamps on ever.
                      BOOM! That is dead on. I disabled my DRL's and then wired those (halos) into my parking lights. The fogs I have wired to a switch, and I can use the "fogs"/driving lamps and not use my actual headlights.

Comment

BOOM! That is dead on. I disabled my DRL's and then wired those (halos) into my parking lights. The fogs I have wired to a switch, and I can use the "fogs"/driving lamps and not use my actual headlights.
                        How'd you disable the DLR? I've been wanting to do that. Althought jack showed me a way of starting the car without the headlights coming on automatically.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I'll have to dig, but quite simply, behind the stereo, there are 2 "bracket" type plugs. One is grey, one is blue. I THINK you just just unplug the grey one (i'm not sure which one) and then that works. You unplug one or the other and just let it hang. I've done that since the 2nd weeks I've had the car, and I've had NO problems. Just go to yahoo or google and search, "disable 1999 camaro drl" or something like that. Let me know if that helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X