Re: Pics of my 95' Firebird

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
    looks like someone skeeted on the side of your car
    LMAO.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Not the biggest fan of decals myself, my style is more of a sleeper (stock) look but do what you like. I like the WS6 look best on the birds personally, maybe some American Racing wheels? Honeycomb tail lights from the 98+ would look nice in my opinion.

I like the fact you have a hardtop too, because it looks like my super-awesme camaro in that super-awesome GM bright red :rock:

Do rims though, it'll pull your car's look together by alot. I'm rockin' out on 15" black steelies from an '89 caprice though for winter, but in their own way they look sweet, lol
      Last edited by JohnnyC; 01-02-2007, 04:00 PM.
      \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

haha, yeah, everyone has their own opinion on what looks good. All of my Motocross and Drag race machines have decals and/or graphics on them so it just comes natural for me to put them on. The wheels are definately coming off, they look gay.. I have a 3rd Gen Camaro that I'm working on now that has a 383 stroker motor going into it, so I'm not sure if I'm selling my firebird or not yet...

Comment

Some decals/graphics look alrite, but just not really my style. I do like the stripes they put on the '97 camaros though, maybe black stripes on a red car. I actually had some guy I know try to sell me a set of those rims telling me the tires are wider better than what I have (My chrome 5spokes), and that my rims arent as wide. I'm like hmm, 16x8 versus 16x8, same size... My BF gforces are a bit higher in the food chain than his kumho h-rateds he was tryin to give me too, IMO.

I still say do the 98+ tail lights though, they look sweet and ive liked 'em since they came out
          \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Hey, I'm definately gonna do the 98"+ tail lights, I also plan on getting a functional ram-air hood for it as well. The black race stripes would look good on my red car, I'm gonna look at different color schemes for when I paint it...I hit a truck with it Friday night and smashed in my left rear quarter panel so It's gonna need painted..lol

Comment

Originally posted by HullPerformanceRacing
              The wheels are definately coming off, they look gay..
              That was the very first mod I did was to replace those same wheels on mine.

Looks good, like you said, some shiny wheels, dual shiny exhaust tips and a ram-air hood would make it look even better!
              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

I like the tribal graphics on the side, makes the car stand out.. I think the Firebirds look too plain without something like that.
                There are other options so put things on the sides, such as hockey stripes or fender hashes.. Just putting that out there, if you're stuck on the graphics, stick with it, it's your car, if you like it that's what matters.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

... I like the tribal graphics on the side, makes the car stand out.. I think the Firebirds look too plain without something like that...
                  If you want your car to stand out get a good looking set of wheels. I can gaurantee that it will make it stand out for better reason than the decal.
                  Also I like your idea of the ram air hood, but how about a TA spoiler too?
                  So.. on the to do list:
                  Lose decal
                  Nice set of rims (17s or 18s only)
                  Ram air hood
                  Trans Am Spoiler
                  98+ Taillights
                  -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

I like the graphics on the side, but don't like the painted pop-ups and hood. Definiately get the honeycomb taillights - best mod ever for our cars.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

The car had the hood and light covers painted that way when I got it..It's getting race stripes if I repaint it though... I'll probably just end up selling it anyways. I've been getting alot of ideas together for the V8 3rg Gen I'm building. It would be pointless to run the 6 then..but who knows...

Comment

as for me i will always pick not getting killed over a "sporty" stearing wheel that dosent even look any better than the stock one

Comment

I can't stand the look of a stock wheel......I love my Grant. I don't plan on getting killed over a steering wheel anyways. If I wreck a steering wheel will be the least of my worries because I drive fast wherever I'm going.....but that's just the way I am........cause it's the fastest that gets paid and it's the fastest that gets laid........haha

Comment

hahaha

If you ain't first you're last...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                              I like the graphics on the side, but don't like the painted pop-ups and hood. Definiately get the honeycomb taillights - best mod ever for our cars.
                              and whats so wong with the original tailights? my car still has them and i like'em...if u are going to change them why not get the 93-97 trans am tails? i think they look better plus people will think your cars a formula and punks with slow 4 bangers wont mess with ya lol

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                                and whats so wong with the original tailights? my car still has them and i like'em...if u are going to change them why not get the 93-97 trans am tails? i think they look better plus people will think your cars a formula and punks with slow 4 bangers wont mess with ya lol
                                I personally think the stock lights are plain. I liked the looks for the honeycomb over the horizontal stripes, but to each his own. I have before and after pics of my taillights on my cardomain - there you can see the big difference.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                  Good to see the site is back up
                                  by 2.8 Bird
                                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                  2 days ago
                                • FirebirdGT
                                  New Site Hosting Issues
                                  by FirebirdGT
                                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X