Drying your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying your car?

I got an amorall gift pack for christmas, and the shine after the complete system i was amazed by, and after a rain, going 35mph for 3 minutes basically dried my car off.

The only thing was, i used old (clean) flannel sheets to dry my car, and it didn't completely get it dry, just got rid of the big spots of water, so it would dry quickly (i thought that's all that was needed) But i can see where the water was smeared around when i look at the car closely. So what should i use to make the car completely dry...What do you guys use?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Drying your car?

chamois... real, not synthetic but be careful b/c stuff likes to stick to it, so if you drop it in the grass, it can be a pain trying to pick off everything
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I have one of those too, but it's old and probably is worn out. It doesn't seem to actually get it dry, just make it dry faster by soaking up a lot of the water to be squeezed out..?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I use a waterblade and microfiber towels.

Comment

The Absorber
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
            The Absorber
            what is "the absorber"

I can't use a waterblade in this situation, because it's called "wax it dry" it's like a mild form of easy waxing that you do by drying the car..
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I also use The Absorber. It works really good, its a synthetic chamois and I have never had any problems with it other than getting some tire shine on it then rubbing it into the car :(

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                what is "the absorber"
                Ya' know, The Absorber! :)
                I've used it for years, and it works great! Washable too (just don't dry it). As said above, if it's dropped on the ground when you're using it, you'll need to submerse it in water and agitate it so it removes all dirt and rock particles.
                sigpic

Comment

I just use old (clean) bath and/or beach towels I use one to get all the big water spots and 1 or 2 to completely get everything. When i wax and polish it i use these little cloth towels my mom gets from work (she is a nurse)

Comment

We use a blade, but recently have also gone straight to a leaf blower,..I know.. but it actually really works. We start at the top of the carand work down.. it dries it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
                      Ya' know, The Absorber! :)
                      I've used it for years, and it works great! Washable too (just don't dry it). As said above, if it's dropped on the ground when you're using it, you'll need to submerse it in water and agitate it so it removes all dirt and rock particles.
                      That link doesn't work.

And it's not that i want to dry my car so that it's completely dry, with the water i have here, i don't have to dry my car at all and there will never be water spots, i just need it dried with some sort of cloth or something so i can use the wax it dry stuff.

I highly recommend the stuff though, (amourall wax-it-dry) my car is the shiniest it's EVER been, much better shine than color cure, mothers paste wax, meguiars gold class, and anything else i've ever used.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by tmurph01
                        We use a blade, but recently have also gone straight to a leaf blower,..I know.. but it actually really works. We start at the top of the carand work down.. it dries it completely.
                        lol good thinking its like a car wash or driving really fast i might have to try that

Comment

I live out in the middle of no where, in a town of 600. I go out on the high way get up to about 110, turn around hit it again coming back and it is dry. Works great and a lot more fun.:banana:
                          2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

yeah, i swear by the absorber. i havent found anything that i like more.
                            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                            2006 S60- Sold
                            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I tried searching the autozone website because the link didn't work, but i couldn't find anything, does anyone have a working link to it? i'm interested now :)
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                2 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X