Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help fixing gaps

ok so I have some really bad gaps

I have a 99 camaro with the RS appearance package and there are bad gaps around the front of the side skirts

thats on the passenger side, the pannel in front of the door is in to far

thats the drivers door, it is in to far too (and thats not dirt on my car thats the garage floor reflecting on cause is to clean ;) )

I've heard people have these problems often, they are from putting lifts/jack stands in the wrong spot, so how do I fix them?
    K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Re: help fixing gaps

y dont u just put some screws back in the front of the skirt were there supposed to be. i got the same body kit on my rs and just put some screws in it. it should fix most of the gap. if not double sided glue or take off the skirts and allign them back up.

Comment

i got that gfx and mines still good, but on an old cutlass i had i took the panels off, and got new clips...that would work with alot of work, but it would be done the right way
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I bet the GFX are just pushed out of place a little. Try taking the screws of and then putting them back in place.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

What's new.. a good percentage of F-bodies I see the body panels dont line up anymore..

I have a few annoying gaps myself id like to fix, i think its gonna take removing the panels and reinstalling with new hardware.. the pop in screws and whatnot...
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

the gap was there when I had the old pins in the skirt, I took the picture while in the process of replacing them, the new ones helped a little bir but there is still a noticable gap
            K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

i feel ur pain man.
              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00
                i feel ur pain man.

as do i

Comment

look underneath ur car...u should c the tab that comes down that holds the front fender to the body...if it isnt straight to the ground then theres ur problem...my pass door looked like that until i fixed it...just make the tab vertical and it should even out ur door gap some

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

just mold the kit to the car and shave all body lines that will take care of your gaps thats what i did

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      1 day ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X