Dash Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Problem

93 Firebird. Plastic dash cover has cracked, but only where the defroster vent is. The thin louvers have all cracked and now there is a big hole in the dash cover. The rest of the cover is in good shape. My problem is that I have been shopping for a dash mat and it appears that they have an opening for this vent so if I bought it you would still see the big hole. I was hoping that the dash mat would have a screen or something to cover the hole.

Any suggestions as to how I can repair this besides purchasing a new dash cover?

Thanks...

Re: Dash Problem

you could just get a carpet cover and glue a piece of screen on it..

Or skip the dash cover, and put some screen from the underside of the cover.. I don't know if i'd go this route though because you would probably crack the dash worse trying to take it out.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

some good epoxy

Comment

i have the piece for 75.00 plus shipping
        96 Z LT 1 6 SPEED 3.42 T TOP<br />LS1 BRAKE UPGRADE<br />LS1 DASH AND CONSOLE CONVERSION<br />5.0 SHIFTER<br />52 BBK <br />ROLL BAR<br />LT4 KNOCK MOD <br />REAR SEAT DELETE<br />ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT SITTING ON SHELF

Comment

Originally posted by APRILS Z
          i have the piece for 75.00 plus shipping
          the upper dash pad? i need one
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

i have it
            96 Z LT 1 6 SPEED 3.42 T TOP<br />LS1 BRAKE UPGRADE<br />LS1 DASH AND CONSOLE CONVERSION<br />5.0 SHIFTER<br />52 BBK <br />ROLL BAR<br />LT4 KNOCK MOD <br />REAR SEAT DELETE<br />ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT SITTING ON SHELF

Comment

hummmmm take a stright up trade for a 98+ one? then u can sell that? im short of cash horribly now so if u do that u can make some cash on the other one?
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Thanks everyone. Here is what I did. Bought a really cheap black rubber floor mat from Pep Boys. I then trimmed it for a perfect fit. I covered the broken louvers, and left the good ones uncovered so the defroster will still work. I then glued it down so it will not move. It came out great. I used Armor All on the entire dash and it blended perfectly. I showed it to a guy at work (he has a 98 Camaro - car guy like me) and he thought it looked great. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Total cost - $3.89

Comment

That's a really interesting idea, and I'm glad it worked for you. Do you think you could post a pic sometime? I've got a crack that goes from where my actual dash meets the dash pad up to the bottom left corner of the vent on my 97' and I'd like to do something to cover it up, but still look good untill I can get the piece replaced later.

Comment

Sure, I will. I had the same crack where you described and then all of the vent louvers began to crack. The piece that I made covers all the cracks and the missing louvers.

Comment

pictures please

Comment

Yeah pics!!!!!

Comment

Here you go. The flash made the mat a little more shiny then it actually is. It blends with the dash very well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X