clock in vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clock in vent?

well i have been looking on the internet all night. Really bored and was looking at some sites i never look at. I found these clocks and i've always thought circular clocks in cars were somewhat luxurous. Anyways... do you all think it will fit into the middle vent?

http://www.car-stuff.com/performance...4&skipped=true

I really like the black ones. As for you who will say "you have a clock on your radio!", ever since i bought the car, my display on the monsoon headunit doesn't show up. SO i don't have a clock and don't wanna buy a whole new headunit just to see what time it is.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: clock in vent?

It'll fit, idk how it'll look, but it sounds like a good idea.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

interesting idea and might look kinda cool in the middle vent on the dash. Definitely would be unique and different than everyone else here. Usually people put gauges for turbos/sc/nitrous in the vents instead of a pillar pod setup.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
        interesting idea and might look kinda cool in the middle vent on the dash. Definitely would be unique and different than everyone else here. Usually people put gauges for turbos/sc/nitrous in the vents instead of a pillar pod setup.
        well thats where i got the idea, i'm not goin for all the guages and nitrous... i'm kinda sticking to small bolt ons, appearance mods, and comfort mods. Hopefully i can get a trans am down the road. If i got the black with chrome, it would definately match the black dash with my chrome bezel and chrome looking cd player.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yeah i think a clock with black face and black bezel would look good, although i dont think i'll be doing it anytime soon.

Comment

it would look cool. just buy the correct size for the hole and I bet its simple wiring.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thats pretty cool...

kinda like chryslers 300M they did a analog? clock on the dash...

Let us know how it goes!
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

not a big fan of gauges behind vents, but most people like em

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                  not a big fan of gauges behind vents, but most people like em
                  Its in the place of the vent not behind. http://www.streetlethal.net/int/16.JPG

I say go for it, maybe do the silver ring ones, and put the silver rings on the other 4 vents. If it looks good, sorry but im stealin ur idea ;)

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
                  '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
                  '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Awww... my vents aren't circular... :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

interesting idea....if they were 50-70 bucks i would prolly do it
                      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

they also come with your choice of bulb... red would match everything. they are expensive but if i decide to do it, i'll let you all know how it goes and take some pics along the way. It just tight right now, either this or a new camera.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X