painting mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: painting mirrors?

look at my sig...my car is silver with the silver mirrors...i went out and got some black ones....they look better imo

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

This is the car http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=3
      2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

car looks good...either on that i like both colors...ive seen em both ways

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

my vote is to get the car, keep the mirrors black, and add black accents around the car, such as nightshading the side markers and front turn signals. That's just what i would do. i agree it looks a little awkward right now but with more black I think it could ultimately look better than silver.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I would make sure that I could get financing or whatever means to pay for it, contact them, and tell them you will buy the car, but the mirrors are going to have to be the same color of the car. If you are financing, and they say they have to charge for the painting (say $100.00 for both), then let it be finance in with the rest of the car. I bet that you could get them to take care of it though, for no extra charge if they know that you are serious about buying it:)
            Last edited by ONLNTM5A; 02-23-2007, 06:19 PM.

Comment

If i get it it would definately be getting some black stripes straight down the middle. The mirrors might look ok then, but right now they look really out of place

However, I think God does not want me to buy this vehicle because I've been trying to buy for nearly a week now and every time I go to get it something else happens.

I'm really getting irritated and now I'm a little worried that someone else is gonna snag it. The latest problem is that there is something wrong with the bank's mainframe and they can't give me the loan. ARRGH!

Oh yeah, and their policy is "We cannot hold vehicles" and they won't even take a deposit on it and hold it until Saturday! For $1000 you can't hold it TWO DAYS????

Comment

ok, so i got it but now i kinda like the black mirrors... however i don't think they'll match the clear corners and billet grille that are going in. Should i get the silver mirrors or will the black ones look alright even with the mods?

As far as adding the black accents I don't think i'm a fan. I saw pictures on brents website and it didn't seem to flow right. I think i'm gonna stick to the chrome/silver. Maybe some black stripes later on down the road.
                Last edited by CamaroDude; 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

clears look fine with the black mirrors and the same with the billet grill even tho im not a fan of them anymore

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

clear corners. black mirrors. billet grille...wouldnt have it any other way.

Comment

^nice, that looks really good. But on the 98+ camaro there is no black by the head lights to match with the black mirrors. I think they'll look out of place. I've already ordered the billet grill, clears and some stripes and i'll see how it looks after i put that stuff on.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                        clear corners. black mirrors. billet grille...wouldnt have it any other way.

Me too!

Originally posted by CamaroDude
                        But on the 98+ camaro there is no black by the head lights to match with the black mirrors.
                        Black halos or whistler mod.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

not a bad idea...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse