This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best deal I found on Ram Air hood!

Tell me this is not a good deal on ram air hoods with air box kits for a 2000 firebird...300$ new

http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...ram_air_hoods/

If you can find a better deal let me know!!!

~Brandon F~

Re: Best deal I found on Ram Air hood!

IMO suncoast produces one of the WORST looking aftermarket ram air hoods. They don't really come close at all to the OEM look. Then again, if your willing to cheap out and don't care if it's true to OEM, then by all means go for it!

If you become a member of LS1tech, you can get a GP deal on a VFN hood. The GP price is 350 without shipping, and, if you ask me, the CLOSEST to OEM you will ever find. I've got one and I'm nothing but meticulous when it comes to looking OEM. the hood fit awesome and looks pretty f'ing good. It's also one of 2 companies that produces aftermarket hoods that preserve the lines around the nostrils.
    Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

the "functional airbox" is $300 the hood is $8xx...

the raptor looks good, i don't like their ws6 style hood.
      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

yeah, youre reading it wrong. the cheapest hood you will find will probably be a used genuine hood. find a wrecked car or something.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X