Hail Dings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail Dings

I got caught in a hard rain last week that put several hail dings in my hood.:rant: They are small so I'm going to try to remove them with a hair dryer and dry ice. Has anyone have any tips.
    Thanks
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Re: Hail Dings

Wow.. that sucks, sorry to hear dude. Worst part is, its the weather; so its not like you can blame anyone.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I don't realy feel bad. It was part of that storm that killed people in MO and AL. So it could had been a lot worst.
      2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

Originally posted by gman2000
        I'm going to try to remove them with a hair dryer and dry ice. Has anyone have any tips.
        Thanks
        Removing hail damage with a hair dryer and dry ice? Ok, Ive gotta admit, Ive never heard about that one...do tell. Im not gonna knock it if it works.

Comment

there are a few theads on here about it. You heat up the dent, then put a piece of dry ice wrapped with thin cloth on the dent and it should pop out. If I can get some dry ice tomorrow I'll let you know how it works.

Comment

Your Crazy Mannnnnnnnn.....but I like it, do tell if it works or if you just waste your time and money on dry ice

Comment

I have seen many write ups on it via google.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It's supposedly an old hot rodder trick. I've seen someone do a write up on another car board and they said it didn't work well at all, but who knows how they were actually doing it.

Comment

Wont work all that well. I used to do paintless dent repair at a body shop. We used heat to shrink the dents a little bit, but it wont make them go away completely and when it cools down....they come back.

What is the dry ice for?

Warning, heating up the area then freezing it with dry ice is not good for the hood or the clearcoat ;)
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado
                  2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
                    Wont work all that well. I used to do paintless dent repair at a body shop. We used heat to shrink the dents a little bit, but it wont make them go away completely and when it cools down....they come back.

What is the dry ice for?

Warning, heating up the area then freezing it with dry ice is not good for the hood or the clearcoat ;)
                    The dry ice was to cool it fast enough to pop the dent. But I can't find any dry ice with out driving over a 100 miles round trip.

I had an estimate done today. 845.00 That would be to repair the hood, repaint the hood and head light doors "rock chips", replace the red Pontiac letters and clear coat all.

I called the insurance so we will see what they say. My deductible is 250.00

Comment

The dry ice was to cool it fast enough to pop the dent. But I can't find any dry ice with out driving over a 100 miles round trip.

I had an estimate done today. 845.00 That would be to repair the hood, repaint the hood and head light doors "rock chips", replace the red Pontiac letters and clear coat all.

I called the insurance so we will see what they say. My deductible is 250.00
                      Well if you can get away with only paying the deductible then i'd say thats not too bad..

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Dont bother, it wont work anyhow.

Why have it repaired? Why not just replace the hood? That would probably be cheaper. But either way, if your deductable is only $250, just claim it and have it fixed. :tup:
                        sigpic
                        1997 Camaro RS A4
                        2006 Chevy Colorado
                        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I have got to see what the Insurance will do, but a WS6 hood would be nice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X