My Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ride

I just got my ride out of the shop a couple weeks ago. Its a 1998 3.8 Firebird with the Ram Air Hood and crossdrilled/sloted rotors. Other than that, it is stock. Since the insurance paid for the new hood and I can see a huge increase in power, I plan to keep going and build it up as I have extra cash.

The Ram Air stickers aren't on it cause the paint shop said to wait a month to insure dryness. Also the rear passenger's rim was replaced after the picture. I just changed shocks/struts and tires in case you think it sits funny. It seems to sit correctly since the change out. I will try to post some new pics when I have a chance.
    Attached Files

Re: My Ride

Looks good man... not that big of a fan of plain white cars... but like you said you haven't really done much yet... i'm still a noob here i guess... but ill go ahead and say welcome to the boards...
    Last edited by CoasterKev06; 03-18-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

really like white f-bodies... so you felt an increase in performance from the hood?
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, the white isn't the stock white. They called it 'Super White' can't tell from the pics cause they were take with my phone, but the gloss is incredible. It really stands out especially with the super dark tint to include the full-faced tint in the front.

As for the hood, its an OEM and talk about an incredible HP improvement. I am not sure how much exactly, but trust me when I say it was a very noticable difference even with the stock air box. That is my next plan to upgrade the air box to the 57-3041 K&N CAI. I am not sure if it will make another boost in performance, but it sure as heck won't hurt.

Comment

looks nice. slap some dual exhaust on that biatch
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold
          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Yeah, I have been researching a couple brands. I really like the Borla's but its a pretty penny. I have also considered modifying to make a true dual exhaust, but not sure if anyone has done this and experienced any problems. I did it to my 87 Grand National and it was awesome. But my concern is the catylist area, most shops won't by pass them and to run a true dual exhaust I would need two of them. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

Comment

looks clean

but how did putting on a hood increase ur power...noticably?

Comment

you may have gotten a 1 to 3 hp gain with the air flow to the filter, but you shouldn't be able to notice that. If anything it was probably in your head. But looks good. Personally I would get a whisper lid and SLP cai.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I know you guys say its in my head, but trust me when I say I notice a difference. I have a feeling because I drive in Guam, which is a tropical island, so its much warmer than the mainland US. I think the air flow into the engine compartment is reducing the heat, thus increasing performance.

Comment

looks good, i vote for a TA rear bumper with CETA. Welcome to the boards.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

dont get true duals. you will lose power. even with a 3" exhaust on an otherwise stock car, there just isnt enough back pressure.

looks good.

(and lol on the SOTP hp increase from the hood. i feel like tests have been done to show it only helps at speeds in excess of like... 180mph)
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold
                      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                        dont get true duals. you will lose power. even with a 3" exhaust on an otherwise stock car, there just isnt enough back pressure.

looks good.

(and lol on the SOTP hp increase from the hood. i feel like tests have been done to show it only helps at speeds in excess of like... 180mph)
                        Its not back pressure, its velocity..

Anyway, when you switched the hood did you also switch airboxes, or do you still have the same airbox setup as stock?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                          looks good, i vote for a TA rear bumper with CETA. Welcome to the boards.
                          Thanks, I have considered the whole front/rear bumpers with the side skirts for the T/A look, but I know if I get the rear bumper....I just wouldn't feel complete unless the sides lined up. Then I might as well just finish the front if I do that...hhehe, you have a pic with a Firebird with only a T/A rear bumper so I can see? BTW, Excuse my ignorance, but what is CETA?

Its the stock airbox with the OEM hood. I plan to do a K&N CAI within the next month.

Comment

I like the Firebird front bumpers better than the TA front ends.

This is shock_core's car with the CETA mod.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

here's a pic of the firebird with just a TA rear bumper. I'll keep looking to find one with ceta, maybe even a white one.

sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                4 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X