My Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Ride

So that means that its the T/A rear end where the inner portion is painted black? I have seen this before and I do like the look. I am just not sure I will be satisfied with the rear bumper without the side skirts to make the lines more fluid. I was looking at it as saving weight by not adding the side skirts. I know they are light, but every pound could count if I get too serious about racing.

Comment

Actually the red one is nice, because it shows me the T/A rear end on the Firebird without the skirts. Thanks. Its not that noticable from the rear, do you have a side view of it?

Comment

BTW, CETA=Collectors Edition Trans Am
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Here is the thread I'm getting the pictures from, there's plenty more there:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...highlight=ceta
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Thanks for explaining CETA to me. At one time, I did consider putting on the 30th Anniversary stripping, but was considering having the company make the stripes in a black and silver instead of the dual blues. I do like the look of the car without the side skirts and just the rear bumper cover. Thanks for the pics and ideas. I might just do that since I was looking for a license filler. I can paint them at the same time. If I get it done, I will definately post the pics. But, I will definately need a nice exhaust then. Especially if its black in the center, so the chrome piping would stand out.

Comment

If you didn't hook up the WS6 Airbox to go with the WS6 hood you aren't getting ANY increase in anything.

Looking pretty good though.
              Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

Originally posted by phantomzer0
                If you didn't hook up the WS6 Airbox to go with the WS6 hood you aren't getting ANY increase in anything.

Looking pretty good though.
                This is what i was alluding to when i asked him whether he kept the stock airbox or not... a question he neatly avoided :poke:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

The reason you probibly felt an increase in power is accually a decrease in weight. That hood is like 40 pounds lighter than the stock one. I'm sure the ram air helped alittle bit too.

I wreaked my car and they put a fiberglass hood on it without the ram air. and i could tell alittle increase in "power".

Comment

I didn't avoid any questions, I stated that I had the stock airbox when someone ridiculed me stating that I couldn't feel a difference when I can. True the weight might be a factor, but I think it has to do with my location. From what I have read from the site, the LS-1 is an aluminum block and the V-6 is cast iron. I also read the V-6 needs to be cooled to run better in the section on cereamic headers. Being that I live in a tropical island where the temp is always around 90F, I think the air coming into the engine now is pushing some of that hot air out of the compartment and making it feel as if it has more pep, kind of like the way it felt before when I drive it at night and it has more power than during the daytime. They can babble and say that I don't get any HP increase, which might be true at the wheels, but it SIGNIFICANTLY runs better at day and night.

Comment

Originally posted by Muteki
                      I didn't avoid any questions, I stated that I had the stock airbox when someone ridiculed me stating that I couldn't feel a difference when I can. True the weight might be a factor, but I think it has to do with my location. From what I have read from the site, the LS-1 is an aluminum block and the V-6 is cast iron. I also read the V-6 needs to be cooled to run better in the section on cereamic headers. Being that I live in a tropical island where the temp is always around 90F, I think the air coming into the engine now is pushing some of that hot air out of the compartment and making it feel as if it has more pep, kind of like the way it felt before when I drive it at night and it has more power than during the daytime. They can babble and say that I don't get any HP increase, which might be true at the wheels, but it SIGNIFICANTLY runs better at day and night.
                      Sounds like a case of the emperor's new clothes to me :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X