3800 emblems, and future appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 emblems, and future appearance

Not decals, emblems. Anyone have them? I've seen them on some Grand Prix, and thought they might look nice on our cars. I've been trying to find some, but no luck. I thought I'd get them, cuz when I get my car repainted, they're gonna tear off my 3800 decals, and I thought emblems might look nicer. I've seen them on ebay on white, but I haven't found a pair in black, has anyone?

Here's my plans:
    complete repaint (victory red, or w/e color it is. It's bright red)
    black 35th ann. stripes
    black "3800 V6" emblems
    Black nose emblem
    blackout blinkers
    blackout bow-tie rear markers
    black out altezza tails
    black out "CAMARO" 3rd brake light
    black rear inlays
    chrome 5-spokes
    wider rear tires
    10% or 15% tint
    Vizage body kit with black inlays

What do you guys think? Also, what about shaving the doors, and rear hatch lock? I know someone who will do it for me, but I'm not too sure how it will look.
    Last edited by RadRacer; 03-20-2007, 06:27 PM.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: 3800 emblems, and future appearance

Originally posted by RadRacer
    Not decals, emblems. Anyone have them? I've seen them on some Grand Prix, and thought they might look nice on our cars. I've been trying to find some, but no luck. I thought I'd get them, cuz when I get my car repainted, they're gonna tear off my 3800 decals, and I thought emblems might look nicer. I've seen them on ebay on white, but I haven't found a pair in black, has anyone?

Here's my plans:
    complete repaint (victory red, or w/e color it is. It's bright red)
    black 35th ann. stripes
    black "3800 V6" emblems
    Black nose emblem
    blackout blinkers
    blackout bow-tie rear markers
    black out altezza tails :tdown:
    black out "CAMARO" 3rd brake light
    black rear inlays
    chrome 5-spokes
    wider rear tires
    10% or 15% tint
    Vizage body kit with black inlays :tdown:

What do you guys think? Also, what about shaving the doors, and rear hatch lock? I know someone who will do it for me, but I'm not too sure how it will look.
    Thats what i think.

BTW i happen to have some vintage badges that i came off some sort of 6 cylinder chevy (possibly a camaro, who knows). They're little shields (like our nose emblem) with a bowtie at the bottom and a big "6" over the top. They're black and silver, and i was gonna use one as a replacement nose emblem.. but it was a little to big. Anyway, you intrested?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
      Thats what i think.

BTW i happen to have some vintage badges that i came off some sort of 6 cylinder chevy (possibly a camaro, who knows). They're little shields (like our nose emblem) with a bowtie at the bottom and a big "6" over the top. They're black and silver, and i was gonna use one as a replacement nose emblem.. but it was a little to big. Anyway, you intrested?
      Pictures? how much you want for them?
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        Thats what i think.
        +1 i agree with what you said. other than that... sounds great
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Well, my car came with altezzas on it, so I'm just gonna buy some black out covers and put over them. As for the body kit, I think it's one of the better looking ones for the Camaro. The inlay part, is where the sideskirts kinda flare inwards. i've already got the body kit here, and they inlays had checkered flags in them, which is where I got the idea. It looks really good, IMO.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

RadRacer as far as the emblems go you can buy any set and just paint them, but also if you shave your door handles, you will not be allowed to race at any drag strip. If you are doing it for just looks I say go for it.

Comment

Pictures? how much you want for them?
              I'll post a thread in the for sale section this week, be on the look out for it.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by ZO6vette037
                RadRacer as far as the emblems go you can buy any set and just paint them, but also if you shave your door handles, you will not be allowed to race at any drag strip. If you are doing it for just looks I say go for it.
                Really?!? Why not? I guess I won't be shaving my door handles then. I'm still torn between appearance and performance for this car. I want performance, but, since it's a DD, I don't want to over do it and ruin the car prematurely; I want it to last. I want it to look good too, but it seems pointless to have a nice looking car that doesn't go.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Comment

Here's my plans:
                  black "3800 V6" emblems

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=77548
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
                    Kewl man. If you still have it when I'm ready to buy everything, then I'll take it. Not too sure when that'll be though, so.....
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

Really?!? Why not? I guess I won't be shaving my door handles then. I'm still torn between appearance and performance for this car. I want performance, but, since it's a DD, I don't want to over do it and ruin the car prematurely; I want it to last. I want it to look good too, but it seems pointless to have a nice looking car that doesn't go.
                      If you shave your door hadles they say you could get into a crash that could catch fire and if your knocked out they can't open the doors to get you out. Some tracks dont care about the rule but 99% do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X