Fender flares....What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender flares....What do you think?

I was thinking about getting these fender flares and getting them molded on (Just the rear) what do you guys think???? Im not sure how it would look so all opinions are welcome. Here are the flares http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...spagenameZWDVW
    Last edited by Maro99; 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM.

Re: Fender flares....What do you think?

well i think it looks horrible on that camaro... maybe if you had the 11" wide wheels on the back... and only had the back flares... and had them molded in real subtly... to make it look like you just had wider back fenders... then... maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterKev06
      well i think it looks horrible on that camaro... maybe if you had the 11" wide wheels on the back... and only had the back flares... and had them molded in real subtly... to make it look like you just had wider back fenders... then... maybe...
      Yeah I know it does look bad on that Camaro. My rear wheels are 10.5" wide. I was thinking about just the rear to but im not sure either way.

Thanks keep the opinions coming

Comment

I wish they woulda taken some pics from straight back. I bet that could look good if you got the rears and molded em on. And they would have to go with 315s. I don't like the front ones though.
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

yeah, I think you could make it work if you got them molded on very subtly like kev said, make it look like part of the fender, but wider. If you did the same for the front, it might work, but for now i'm gonna say just the back, and definitely paint it body color, but i'm sure that's a given.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
            I wish they woulda taken some pics from straight back. I bet that could look good if you got the rears and molded em on. And they would have to go with 315s. I don't like the front ones though.
            Yeah you are right about the front. So the front is out of the question so now im just talking about mabye doing the rears. I have 295's out back now but if it looked good once those were burned up I would go with some 315's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              yeah, I think you could make it work if you got them molded on very subtly like kev said, make it look like part of the fender, but wider. If you did the same for the front, it might work, but for now i'm gonna say just the back, and definitely paint it body color, but i'm sure that's a given.
              Yeah thats what im thinking now just the rear and I would want it to look like it is part of the fender and of course body color.

Comment

I dont know about those. As stated, maybe if you had it molded but even then... It just doesn't look right. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's a big negative on that one.

Comment

IMO the best fenders ever concieved for camaros with big fat tires are the ZL1's rear fenders...

if you could get your hands on a set of those... or somehow mold the flares that way... it would look awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterKev06
                    IMO the best fenders ever concieved for camaros with big fat tires are the ZL1's rear fenders...

if you could get your hands on a set of those... or somehow mold the flares that way... it would look awesome....
                    Damn that is nice!!

Ok I decided I am not going to do it with the ebay flares but I would like flare out the rear some way to look close to this if possible without spending a fortune.

Comment

save your money and buy one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZL-1-...QQcmdZViewItem
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                        save your money and buy one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZL-1-...QQcmdZViewItem
                        That would be nice:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Maro99
                          Damn that is nice!!

Ok I decided I am not going to do it with the ebay flares but I would like flare out the rear some way to look close to this if possible without spending a fortune.
                          Those are HOT! I want!!
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

there are some more pics of the car here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/487275/4 the more that I look at it the more im thinking that he just did what I was talking about doing.

Comment

I'm pretty sure thats factory. Thats the 2000 ZL1
                              Last edited by BLLDOGG; 03-22-2007, 11:21 PM.
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                1 day ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X