Stripes HELP LOL!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripes HELP LOL!?

I MIGHT be retarded... well I ordered the Vinyl Black racing stripes from racingstripes.com and I just got them in today...now they have a shiny side and an extremely sticky side, the instructions say to just use soapy water on the surface of my car and then spray the SHINY side and stick em on...doesn't make sense to me at all, so I ripped it off and tried spraying the car with soapy water and THEN the sticky side with soapy water too. It stuck better but still kinda came off on the edges, maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to dry? Well someone please let me know the best/correct way to apply them. Thanks!

Re: Stripes HELP LOL!?

looks like you've got yourself an I-D-10-T error, get your money back and go see the movie "300"

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
      looks like you've got yourself an I-D-10-T error, get your money back and go see the movie "300"
      LOL, i second this motion. That movie was pretty good.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I dont have much length left and want these applied right, serious answers appreciated...

Comment

Just follow the directions. They seem right. The soapy water on the shiny side is to minimize scratches and tearing when sqeegeeing out the bubbles.

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

How are you finding where to line the stripes up, just by looking at them? I used 1.5" masking tape and measured every piece where the stripe was going to go to find the center of them then built a gap 6" between each stripe. Make sure the surfaces of your car are clean, measure out the pieces of stripe you need cut them out. Then when you take the stripe off its backing spray the sticky side with soapy water, line it up next to the masking tape, then spray the shiny side with the soapy water then squeegee the bubbles out. Now if you left yourself alittle so you can tuck it under the edges you have to wait till that completely drys otherwise it will not stick. Search too there are a few threads including mine that might help you.

Comment

Yeah thats the same kit I got. Like he said you need to use masking tape. Find the center of the car and then just measure distance away from it thats what I did. After you do that peel it off the wax backing and spray the sticky side. lay it on there and get it line up and then you need to squeegee the water out. You kit should have came with one. You can spray the shiny side but you dont have to but if you dont then you need to wrap your squeegee in a rag or something or else it will scratch your stripes up.
              1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                3 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X