cant get the door panels off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get the door panels off!!!

ok, when i bought the car, the front speakers n the doors wouldnt work, so i had 2 fade the sound 2 the ones n the rear... this worked fine until it came time 2 replace the front ones...

i took off evry bolt that i can find, and the only thing that seems 2 still b holding the door on is the manual window handel... WHERE THE HECK DO I GO FROM HERE 2 GET THE D**N DOOR PANEL OFF???!!! im sure its sumthn stupid im missing, but what???

Re: cant get the door panels off!!!

Use a flat tip screwdriver and gently pry it open

Comment

Originally posted by woswill
      Use a flat tip screwdriver and gently pry it open

the area where the manual handle is on the door? what will it do slide out? i dont wanna break nethn...

Comment

Originally posted by oakleyR97S
        the area where the manual handle is on the door? what will it do slide out? i dont wanna break nethn...
        Not really familiar with manual handles, double check to see if theres any screws or anything and see if the handle itself screws off

Comment

Use a screw driver and pry the handle off like said. It should just be held on by a retaining clip that's gonna be a big PITA to get back on once you get the door back together :D
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Yeah there is a C-clip holding the window crank in. You should be able to see it. Easiest thing to do is position the crank to where the clamp is upside down and then just push it out. Careful not to lose it. The crank will slide right off. Similar to the automatic shift knob.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

thanx, i'll c what i can do... this is gunna drive me nuts man...

Comment

Push the clip out with a flat head screwdriver. Thats the easiest way. Your local carparts store will have a tool for removing them, but its unnecessary. A flathead works fine.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

i think the easiest way is to shimmy a rag behind the handle and lift up to pop the clip out. before you put the handle back on put the clip on the handle and jam it on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X