Painting door decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting door decal?

Hey guys, got a 93 firebird, you know the FIREBIRD decal on the lower part of the doors? The one that is pretty much just an outline?.... not sure if the later years had that but i know my 93 does...can barely see it unless up close. anyhow, thinking maybe i should paint it white inside the letters, has anyone ever done this? Do you think it would look ok? What kind of paint would work on it? (I also want to paint the small K&N lettering on my FIPK)

My bro's got a 93 camaro and the letters are filled in black and it looks very nice, let me know what you guys suggest.

Re: Painting door decal?

Getting vinyl would be the easy/cheap solution for the firebird fill ins.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
      Getting vinyl would be the easy/cheap solution for the firebird fill ins.
      i've looked online, and it looks like the vinyl fill ins they have for the door decal would be for a different shaped decal. Mine is straight letters, while the decals for the vinyl appear to be slanted, i will try to find a link to show what i mean.

Comment

http://www.andale.com/img/template.jsp

Comment

anyhow, does anyone know what kind of paint would work and would actually go on and stay on?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
            anyhow, does anyone know what kind of paint would work and would actually go on and stay on?
            ... well car paint would be a good bet...

I second the vinyl motion tho.. contact Brent Franker, and see if he can't whip you up something. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X