Painted Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Calipers

Hey I was looking and didn't see any tips on painting your calipers. Could anyone shed some light on how I could best do this?

Re: Painted Calipers

What I did was jack up the car and do one calliper at a time. I didn't take off the callipers to paint them, i just wrapped a plastic grocery bag around the rotor, actually worked really good. Your going to want to clean the calliper really good with some degreaser and a wire brush before you paint it. I used high temp engine enamel paint i believe and just gave it a few good coats. You can put clearcoat on them also, but I didnt. Good luck
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

I took mine off the car and used the Duplacolor kit.
      2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

i painted mine while they where on the car, just make sure you clean them off, the better you clean them, the better the paint will come out.

Comment

I was replacing my calipers so I painted and clear coated them before I installed them. I used the duplicolor kit also.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

i painted mine on the car, just clean them really good with a degreaser or the paint wont stick. be sure to take your time masking as well.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X