Installing new T Tops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new T Tops.

My camaro has a hard top, Im thinking of adding T Tops to it. Does anybody know the cost and by adding this, would this mess up the structure of my car. i heard that's happened to some Z28's.

Re: Installing new T Tops.

All 4th gen F-bodys are built to have t-tops. It won't mess up the structure of the car, but if you are worried about the extra flex add some subframe connectors. There are a few members who have done the conversion so I'm sure they can give you a pretty accurate cost and timeline.

Comment

I second the motion, subframe connectors are a must for all T-Tops. Sorry, I don't have experience installing these. I was lucky, it had when I bought it.

Comment

you should be able to get all the parts for 300-400. just from what ive seen it selling for...
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Subframes aren't a must for T-top cars any more than they are a must for hardtop cars.
          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

i did the conver. about a year and half ago. never had ne problems. our cars are made for t tops and when you get the fiberglass skin off you will see that you already have t top cut outs under there. i think it cost me about 350 when it was all said and done. i got myself a mint headliner and sunvisors since the interior of my camaro was pewter and i made the head liner and all dark. if you need a run down of everything shoot me an email.

very easy job and on it's great to have t tops
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I just bought the driver's side T-top at a dealership for over $800. I suggest you buy a good used set

Comment

Originally posted by car-show-crazy-firebird
                I just bought the driver's side T-top at a dealership for over $800. I suggest you buy a good used set
                did u get any lube with that? u got raped lol

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                  Subframes aren't a must for T-top cars any more than they are a must for hardtop cars.
                  They are if you don't want to hear the T-Tops rattle once the car has been broken in.

Comment

i paid 250 from a local guy for everything i needed from the t-tops to all the bolts and screws for my kit.
                    and you dont need subframes. I have had my t-tops on for a wile and there is no rattleing

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I have never had a rattle from my t-tops either.
                      2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X