New guy!! Yellow birds???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New guy!! Yellow birds???

im also a senoir i just recently bought my f body ( 99 camaro rs) but its not yellow. you should get some pics up of your bird, ive only seen 1 yellow bird and id like to see yours!

Comment

yellow and black has got to be 1 of the best color combo's on these 4th gens, if i were you ide go yellow with black badges and wheels and blackouts and that car will look very good.

Comment

thanks guys yeah I will get pics up asap! prob later today im going to get the wheels off of it so I can get two new tires on the wheels so I can bring it to my house! ill take some pics then and try to get them up later today. and thats a great idea I thought about some black zr1 rims or somthing like that.

Comment

In the mid to late 70's there was a trim line called "Yellow Bird". These came with fancy and somewhat embellished pin-stripping and an emblem that looked more like a peacock than a fire chicken, and of coarse the color was a soft yellow (not the bright racey yellow you see on vettes). These were base line cars intended to appeal to female persuaded individuals.

It was downright embarrassing just standing next to them. I couldn't even begin to imagine the endless ridicule a guy would get if caught behind the wheel of one!

They never extended this trim level to the 3rd or 4th gen firebirds (thank god). So I'm sure that this is not what you meant when you asked about Yellow Birds.
          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

well here you go!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

looks nice, I'm sure it will look even better onces it's cleaned up and running straight.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yep, it will look sweet once you get her running and cleaned up.

Comment

Hey guys alittle info i forgot to say that the car has 167000 miles on it:omg: but hopfully it runs good.... Also Today I went and got two used tires put on the rims that had bad tires. So now I can bring the car back soon.

Comment

Don't forget the end-of-breed 2002 Trans Am 35th anniversary editions.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

the CETA is a bit darker than that. that yellow IIRC was done on no more than 100 birds/formies/t/as.

there used to be a member here with one a few years back, but i think he wrecked it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Jammer
                        well here you go!!!
                        Ooo that car needs some help

Luckly you found us! :D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

It's definetly a rare color. I think I have seen one in person, but it was in traffic and might have been painted.

Get some new wheels, remove the pin stripe, polish and wax it, and it will be :tup:

Comment

X2, that color has lots of potential

Comment

Thanks everyone! What could i use to get the pin-stripping or what ever you call it off the side of the car and also im taking off the bra....

Comment

Originally posted by Jammer
                                im taking off the bra....
                                good idea! ide say a razor blade and some 3m adhesive remover would get pinstripping off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X