couldnt find this anywhere. but HID for 96 maro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

couldnt find this anywhere. but HID for 96 maro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couldnt find this anywhere. but HID for 96 maro

are there any HID's for a 96 camaro. i couldnt find a post anywhere. and i dont mean replacing bulbs, and all that. i want the whole headlamp.

Re: couldnt find this anywhere. but HID for 96 maro

Originally posted by 96fbody
    are there any HID's for a 96 camaro. i couldnt find a post anywhere. and i dont mean replacing bulbs, and all that. i want the whole headlamp.
    Here's something like that:
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/index.htm

I've seen a HID conversion kit on eBay once in the past several months I've been looking. Mostly you just buy some kind of foglights and put the HID bulbs in them. There are some pretty cheap HID kits on eBay for conversions of certain types of bulbs, but i'm not sure on the quality.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I found this a bit ago. Not sure if anyone here has done it. I have been considering them, it seems as a more feasable option than the fog light conversion or the 98+ fascia conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by candela
        I found this a bit ago. Not sure if anyone here has done it. I have been considering them, it seems as a more feasable option than the fog light conversion or the 98+ fascia conversion.
        I hope you know that is not HID. Go on ebay or wherever and buy some 9005/9006 bulbs and do a sealed beam conversion for a fraction of that cost, with the exact same effect.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I didn't know that. Kinda defeats the purpose these HID days. Is there a write up for the sealed beam conversion?

Comment

Here ya go

These guys are a sponsor on LS1tech. LEDGauges.com

Comment

Re: Here ya go

Originally posted by tycar86
              These guys are a sponsor on LS1tech. LEDGauges.com

I think it would be more effective to first buy some lights with better optics. The lights that we have in our cars have nearly no optics, which is why the same bulb would work so much better in a different fixture than in these. I think an HID conversion would really only be worth it if you bought some better lights like the Hella FF75s or for a different look, something round like PIA 1000x.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Agreed, but I was just showing the OP another option. I have the Hella FF75s on my car and they are 100x better than stock.

Comment

Also, there's another company working on making a 93-97 Camaro headlight kit. They're called FocuzTech. Here's a pretty long thread on the subject.

We have conceptually designed the headlamps and made a parts list of what will be required in the assembly. The lamps will be available as an as ordered item….meaning they will be custom built per order. Available options will include H9 powered Hella projectors, HID powered Hella projectors, auxiliary lamp options, built in halo rings…all with plug and play relay based wiring. High and low beams will be independently adjustable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X