new stripes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stripes???

okay so my car is green with gold stripes on it right now. they look great from further away but once you get closer you can see that they're decals and they're starting to peel. here's a pic:

You can see it peeling on the driver's side abovee the headlight a little ways. So how would I go about removing these and putting new ones on (or get new ones painted on)? Is it really even noticeable enough to replace or am I just noticing it cuz it's my car?
    94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
    97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Re: new stripes???

takem off and please get black stripes

Comment

why black stripes they'd barely show up on green. i like the color scheme, i think i'll leave em gold :D
      Last edited by lil' jon; 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM.
      97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

I think gold and green look GREAT! If you get them painted then make sure its done right, or else its gonna peel as well. You'd be better off to just get new ones.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yeah i just noticed everyone who's noticed the stripes either loves them or hates them. so does anyone know how to remove decals this large without screwing everything up?
          Last edited by lil' jon; 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM.
          98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon
            so does anyone know how to remove decals this large without screwing everything up?
            I'm guessing a heat gun... But i'm not sure.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

you can just peel them off just go slow.. i had to do that to one of my spoiler ones

Comment

so do they leave a nasty residue behind or what? No razers involved right? i don't wanna scratch my paint. As you can see though these things are kinda huge, would I be at it all day? Any special chemicals made specifically for removing decals?
                98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

I would use some sort of wedge and slide it back and forth among the stripes and slowly peel.

Comment

deff a heat gun, or hair dryer. not a big fan of the colors but whatever floats your boat
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

yeah hair dryer and peel them off. ive done it many times before, its slow.. but it works
                      1999 v6 Camaro M5
                      Automatic to Manual converted
                      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Im not a fan of the colors but I like how your being different and I know that some people do like it alot. I know my friends told me that red stripes on black would look like crap and they wanted me to get silver but now they think its badass.

Comment

I have the same color camaro and my rear fill-ins are that gold. I was going to get the same gold stripes when the weather gets better. I think it is a sweet color combo. Oh and a heat gun and peeling it slow works the best in my opinion.

Comment

Take a heat gun to that crap and slowly (very slowly) pull it off at a sharp angle. I usually just lay the peeled part right ontop of the original and pull back, that way I get a really sharp angle. I've done it before on my old truck, and it wasn't too bad. Once I was done, I took a razor blade to it, but it was getting repainted anyways so I didn't care. I wouldn't take a blade to your car though. Once done, go over it with some soapy water and then try and rub the excess glue off.
                            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X