Painting letters on wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting letters on wheels.

I really like the way fireball painted his letters on his wheels white. Do you think I should do it/could pull it off?

Let me kno what u think

Re: Painting letters on wheels.

I don't know that i've ever seen a picture of your car other than this one. lol

I think you could probably pull it off. It looks great on marks car like you said. Anything above 16 wheels i don't think it would go the best, but 16 is about the limit imo, so i think it could look good.

What tires do you have? (what would the lettering say)
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

lol i have plenty of pics but this one just shows the wheels the best and its one of my favs.

i have BFG traction TA's

idk what part id paint though lol theres alot of writing.

o and for you o GR8 one:

Comment

Oh, I lied, I've seen the second one down on your second post too.

Anyway, yeah you'd have to figure out what all your painting. shouldn't be hard to photoshop if you want.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i would keep 'em black... too much white IMO
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Are you talking about raised white letter tires? They sell them pre-painted. Also if you paint them yourself it will proably just flake away. Once the grease and grime from the road are on your tires the paint doesnt stick very well. I have tried myself.

Also I think it would look really good on your ride.

Comment

wtf are u talkin about..... wheels or tires? 2 completely differnt parts...

Comment

Big Tymer, sry for the confusion. Yes tires. Like Fireball

ZO6Vette, where can I get letters? and didnt Fireball use paint? his seem ok?

GR8schlot, i kno those arent the best pics, but u think you could photoshop something? that would be a GREAT help. thanks man

Comment

I used a white paint pen. Took ~4 hours to put on 3 coats. Looked great, but its been a few months now and its starting to wear pretty badly on the front and on my passenger rear (where i scrubbed a curb). Eventually i'm going to paint them over with this: http://www.rangerpaint.com/

Hopefully that'll hold up better, 2 coats and applied with a paint brush it shouldn't take nearly as long either.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

maybe if you had a big slicks and skinnies setup, but otherwise im not a fan of the idea on our cars.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I'm at work now, I'll be home later and give the chop a try.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                        ZO6Vette, where can I get letters? and didnt Fireball use paint? his seem ok?
                        Sorry I ment they sell the tires pre-painted like this one

Also your tires you have on your car now might already have raised white letters. All reaised white letter tires usually have one side all black and one side has the letters painted so just look under your car at the inside of your tires and see if they are already painted. If they are you would just have to take them off the rim, turn over, remount, and balance. If this doesnt make sense click the link and read the last sentence in the discription.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Radial+T%2FA

Comment

Originally posted by ZO6vette037
                          Sorry I ment they sell the tires pre-painted like this one

Also your tires you have on your car now might already have raised white letters. All reaised white letter tires usually have one side all black and one side has the letters painted so just look under your car at the inside of your tires and see if they are already painted. If they are you would just have to take them off the rim, turn over, remount, and balance. If this doesnt make sense click the link and read the last sentence in the discription.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....l=Radial+T%2FA
                          Its highly unlikely that his tires have raised white lettering... infact i know they don't. The only tires they sell that'll fit our cars properly that have raised white letters are Firestone Indy 500s, and those are all-season tires so thats a no go.

Oh and iirc tires that come from the factory with raised white letters are white rubber, not paint. When making the tire they put a layer of white rubber underneath the black wall and have the letters poking out. Supposedly you can sand the black wall all the way back and make it a white wall tire... although i've never seen this in person.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

haha...i have the Indy 500's on my stocks and they dont have the raised white letters. Of course now they're switched off for the chrome Z06's

Comment

I s-o-o-o-o miss raised white letter tires. These all black tires are BORING!!!

Eventually, RWL will come back in style.
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X