Have you swapper a fender out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you swapper a fender out?

I'm in the process of changing both fenders and front clip. I just got passenger fender off and see that near the upper part of fender where the fender meets the door there is a brace that is riveted together with a brace and then that brace is secured to car.

I don't have a rivet gun or rivets for that matter. If I install the new fender without this what will happen if anything? Has anyone installed a new fender and not did the rivets? Off to remove other fender. I'll check back soon for any inputs or ideas.

How much for rivets and gun? I'll be walking to parts store if I absolutely need to get these. I'm not lazy, I'm just not that motivated I guess. ;)

Thanks
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: Have you swapper a fender out?

Well I called 2 part stores to buy rivet gun and they both were out. Other parts places in my town are not an option to walk to. I put fenders on and one side it would help by pushing up and out but the other one is fine without it. On the other hand the front clip has the same damn thing. Where the clip actually mounts to the "point" of fender by headlights. Ugh...

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

Re: Have you swapper a fender out?

So I went to Autozone and bought a rivet gun that came with 4 diffrent size rivets, 5 a piece. The thing cost 12.99. After driving a day both fenders rubbed and the front bumper was sagging a little. Put these rivets on the brackets and installed. Everything lines up great now. The only issue I have is I didn't buy OEM fenders. I bought one off this board and one off ebay and they were both from this guy originally, I beleive.

( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-L...QQcmdZViewItem )

Both fenders appeared to be made from same manufacture in Tawain. Anyways the bottom of the fender that rest on top of the bumper looks kinda sunken in, like theres a dent or something. It very minor on the driver side but pretty noticable on passenger side. I cant mess with it now though cause I have to take it to get painted.

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        2 days ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X