Has anyone ever replaced there door glass. can I get some tips and help with some ?'s - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever replaced there door glass. can I get some tips and help with some ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever replaced there door glass. can I get some tips and help with some ?'s

Ok heres the deal I have a 99 Camaro and my windows have some scratches on them and I would like to change them out for my moms perfect windows in her 00 firebird. So here are the questions, my car has manual windows and my moms has power so will they work and are they exactly the same? My other question to anyone that has done something like this before is how hard would it be to do and what all would be involved. Any tips or help on this would be appreciated. The reason my mom is ok with the trade is because to her my windows look fine + they are tinted (hers arent), and im just a perfectonist when it comes to my car.

Thanks

Re: Has anyone ever replaced there door glass. can I get some tips and help with some ?'s

I can only contribute by saying they are the same between power and manual.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Re: Has anyone ever replaced there door glass. can I get some tips and help with some ?'s

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
      I can only contribute by saying they are the same between power and manual.
      Cool thanks man, I figured they would be I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

i don't know about the later models, but on my mom's '94 camaro i did notice you will have to drill out some ribbits, so be prepared for that one. other than that as long as you keep everything in track(which it all should stay that way) you should be fine. just be careful, windows are big so i assume some weight to them.

Comment

www.shbox.com

You'll find technical write-ups, pictures and drawings on window adjusting and motor replacments...some of which might help you replace your window.

I'd replace your motors too if you haven't done so.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              2 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X