who else lives in florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who else lives in florida?

bcuz if anyone else does you will feel my pain when it comes to washing our cars. this damn state is so dusty and love-bug infested!

i wash my car like 2 times a week.... and thats because i cant stand it being dirty.

i literally wash my car, go to work, and when i come outside after work there will be a layer of dust covering the entire car! errr

/end rant

Re: who else lives in florida?

I do....

some of the older members may remember my rantings under my old screename of MustangEater

but Zaino is the way to go... I have strayed but in the process of zainoing my car right now.

When I had a good coat of zaino on my car, all I did to keep it clean was hose it down, then go for a drive. this got 99% of crap off my car, and only took 5 min. I went like 4 months doing this, and people still always complemented my car like this.

I tried the easier, less involved waxes to put on, they look great, but then 2 weeks later I had to fully wash the car and consider rewaxing.

Comment

that doesnt sound much different than missouri.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/514505/5

go to that page, and scroll down to where you see it start talking about zaino, and follow the timeline.

Comment

I live on the West Coast...my car is black which means it always dirty and I am used to seeing it dirty all the time. I keep it in the garage. It rained yesterday so its a bit cleaner. I will NOT buy a black car again....next car is going to be white.
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
            I live on the West Coast...my car is black which means it always dirty and I am used to seeing it dirty all the time. I keep it in the garage. It rained yesterday so its a bit cleaner. I will NOT buy a black car again....next car is going to be white.
            silver is the best...

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
              silver is the best...
              Truth... white is absolutely no better than black when it comes to getting dirty, neither is red for that matter... :(

Pewter aught to be the best really when it comes to covering up dirt, cuz its already a dirty silver. With a pewter car i bet you could get away with never washing it.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I live in Miami. I am not aware of the love bug problem, but there is so much construction going on down here that there is dust and dirt everywhere.

Comment

try living in mass where all the trees have pollen

ooo ya and how today its been like 45 degrees......

then 80 degrees

then thunderstormed for 20 mins

now its sunny and humidddd

Comment

try living on a road where construction has strewn dirt everywhere, and then it rains (finally). But there's this darn water truck that goes down the road, soyou don't even NEED the rain for it to be mud. here's just 1 pic of me driving for less than 1/2 a mile on the road (after the water truck) at 5mph.

I have worse pics, i'll post them later tonight.

Here's just some mud from the road

Comment

i don't really have a problem w/ dust since i park in the garage. my biggest complaints are love bugs and ash from all of the brush fires across the state.
                      94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

ya my car is black so its a pain, and like ^ said, i also park my car in garage everyday... but just having the car sit outside work for a few hours, its full of dust

Comment

love bugs

maybe you should wait for all those slow little VW's to move out of the way or wait till you can pass ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_Bug

Comment

I live in Holly Hill, Just north of Daytona. Lovebugs are a *****! I found soap & water with an old pair of my wifes panty-hose does the trick. But you must get them off within 24 hours or they leave marks in the paint.
                            <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/gmrulz2000\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/gmrulz2000</a> <br />My 2000 V6 5 spd.K&N,Air silencer mod,TSP Rumbler, Magnaflow cat, 160stat.,H.P.P.III.

Comment

I have been detailing my car and I can see where they pitted the paint slightly on my car, nothing bad.

X2 on the construction... We had a drought and I was getting wet white construction dust spraying all the way up on to my windows even.

I just finished round 2 of claybaring. Getting the Zaino ready.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X