Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driverside Mirror

Hey Guys,

So I broke my drivers side mirror. The case is fine, just the mirror is broken. I was wondering if it is possible to buy just the mirror. Everywhere I search, they sell the whole case. What's the deal?

-Steve-

Re: Driverside Mirror

If you got an autozone or something like that they should be able to special order it for you. I just lost my passenger side, just the mirror, had a suicidial road cone jump out in front of me. Put a post up on here in the wanted section, White95 sold me one he had, the whole thing but it's simple enough to take apart. good luck
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

thanks dude, appreciated.

-Steve-

Comment

I just sent him email so if you post in the wanted section he should be watching for it.

Comment

i went to autozone and they said it would be 32.99. but i went to a local glass shop and they cut me one for 10 bucks even!

Comment

um...so howd u hit a cone and only break the mirror glass

were u going in reverse and did this cone stnad 5 feet tall?

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
              um...so howd u hit a cone and only break the mirror glass

were u going in reverse and did this cone stnad 5 feet tall?

When I did mine in last week it wasn't my fault. I was going about 35 and a damn cone jumped out in front of me. I guess it just compressed the mirror enough to pop it out. It's actually pretty easy, I was surprised to look over after hearing a thud and see nothing.

Comment

I know this is an old thread...but, anybody wanna give me a quick how to on removing the mirror glass from one mirror and putting it in a different mirror...?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

yea im missing my mirror too....but isnt the actual glass piece mounted on some black thing thats attached to the motor that moves it...so the thing is that im missing that black piece, is their anyway to replace that?? is that wat u guyz are talking about and does it come wit it when u order a new mirror??

Comment

the mirror comes off of the black piece, it is held on by glue, mine fell off a week ago

you can buy glass on ebay

Comment

^^hb the black piece, anywhere to buy that?

Comment

yeah, but how do i get the mirror out? Just yank it? The guy I bought it from said to yank it out, but it sounds alittle aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by boonders View Post
                          yeah, but how do i get the mirror out? Just yank it? The guy I bought it from said to yank it out, but it sounds alittle aggressive.
                          you will see the piece the mirror is held on to, its held on by glue to the black "trim" you see going around the mirror, just get something like a flathead scraper and try to pry it off of the black piece

be careful though, you dont want the glass to break.. it would probably be best to work your way around the mirror to loosen up the glue instead of just trying from one spot

i would imagine heating it up with a hair dryer or something similar would make it a bit easier to get off

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X