drivers door window seal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers door window seal...

hey i got a problem with my drivers door window seal thingy. it pops out because the clips are broken, and it dont stay down at all anymore and is starting to scratch my door where the clips are broken. well i need to replace the whole seal because the clips are gay, can't just take them out and replace them. so basically i need to know where i can get one of these seals at a decent price... and yes, i know junk yards exist, they just suck around here... so any ideas would be appreciated...

Re: drivers door window seal...

actually what you should do is brake the stupid clips off and screw it on (screw it to where the clips would go). I did it to both sides on my old car. if you can get like one or two of the clips to atleast hold it in place, screwing it on is a piece of cake. just make sure you dont get too big of screws.
    Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Comment

thats a nice idea and all... but im one who hates taking door panels off on these cars... but thats actually a good idea. i might check into doing that, i dont like messing with doors though... especially on these cars.... uhgg oh well.

Comment

holy **** i was just gonna post this up, my drivers side window seal popped out yesterday after school! i have to replace it before it rains...
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

well im just that d*** good... ehh, i havent had any problems with rain on mine... i mean the front few clips are still good, but the rear of it keeps popping out... oh well...

Comment

I had the same problem when i first bought my car as you guys. You could go to a junk yard, which would probably be the cheapest way, or you can go straight to GM like i did. My uncle works for them and he ordered the part. It was around 60$. Install is not too bad either, just unscrew your side mirror from inside the car and let it dangle while you pull out the old crapped up weather strip. Then line up the clips on the new weather strip and push it down into the door. It might not fit perfectly at first, but it settles in eventually (mine still shows a bit of the clips from time to time)

hope that helps

max

Comment

thank you, see that was my original plans but didnt know if any other place sold one. i want a new one, not one from the junk yard... i have bad luck pulling crap off of cars and it being useless after i pull it off. oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by firechicken3800
                thank you, see that was my original plans but didnt know if any other place sold one. i want a new one, not one from the junk yard... i have bad luck pulling crap off of cars and it being useless after i pull it off. oh well..
                yeah, i'd just anty up the money, it looks like crap when it's all fudged up, sad thing is the money you will spend will not make your car look any better, it will just keep it from looking like **** =)

Comment

well if you cant find, one, i would just spend 5 bucks maybe on some screws. why by another one
                  1. you may not even get it to go on right (those clips are a pain to get in)
                  2. it may start to pop out agian
                  3. more than likely youre going to have to take the door panel off to put the new one on anyway. (trust me, its a pain putting them in)

then youll be right back in the situation. the screws are a permanent fix. i didnt have any problems with the seals poping out ever. and plus, when are you ever going to need to take them off agian.

also if youre not too sure your able to drill it in, i can give you some pointers. and maybe you can get someone on here thats close to help.

sorry i just dont see paying all that money on something you might have to replace agian.
                  Last edited by bcraig; 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM.
                  Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Comment

well the clips in mine are broken, gone... big time.... like the last 4 or so all broken. im handy with a drill, and all that stuff. and replacing it wont allow me to bother with the door panel. i've already basically had mine off, well as far as possible without taking the mirror off. it'll be a snap for me, the drilling though... that'd take too much time, i dont have that kinda time. oh well, ill get it replaced sooner or later...

Comment

how exactly do you drill the seal into the door? i have to get this done, but id prefer to see what i should be drilling into
                      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

you put the seal on as best as you can get it (holding it there by one or two clips maybe). then take some screws, about 1/2 or less, and screw it on. you will be screwing it into the fiberglass where the clips clip onto. if you look at the seal on the side facing inside the car, you can see where the clips go through. screw a screw next to it, and it should hit the fiberglass. dont use to big or too small of a screw. too big will crack it, and too small will not hold. maybe 1/4 or smaller.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X